Big nikko sf ir' nato ret

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by philc, Mar 1, 2018.

1. philc

philc Member

Just heard that there is a problem with these all gone back ?
    anyone heard anything
    JUST CALLED BAR seems add is wrong only mildot has ir
    cheers
    Phil

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Spoilt_scorecard

Spoilt_scorecard All the gear and no idea.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Phil, your post is a bit confusing as to my knowledge Nikko don't do a IR NATO ret, they do a IR mildot or a separate non IR NATO ret......anyways.....
    I have both the mk3 IR mildot and the NATO ret, one about a year old and the NATO about 5 months old......no bother with either tbh.
    Both range find spot on and don't suffer too much with cold temperatures. Both are nice and bright and are snappy at range finding.
    Downsides are....a bit heavy and those horrid green turret caps......why do you do that Nikko?

If you are having concerns prior to purchasing, I shoot at Steve Smiths on a Wednesday A.M just up the road from you.....you are more than welcome to come along and look through them both, a sort of 'try before you buy' before you jump in and spend your cash. Just wait until this snow has gone though............

3. philc

philc Member

Hi Mate Blackpool air rifles are advertising them with nato or mildot just checked thought I was seeing things they must be new
    your second person that's said that so I just called to check you are right only mildot has ir add is wrong!!
    Thanks for the offer i'll will take you up on that when weather improves where is Steve smiths ?
    why I ask is I called Bradford stalker and they said they sent them back because of a problem with them and have noticed no one has them in stock
    but have never heard about any problems with nikko's
    I'm after one to go on top of my Grand Prix
    Cheers
    Phil

4. Spoilt_scorecard

Spoilt_scorecard All the gear and no idea.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    No one had them in stock a few months ago because they were so popular.....especially when sightron put up their prices in January '17 to double that of the big Nikko and they are not double the scope in my humble opinion. There was a bad batch of these scopes, mk2's I think, about 6 years ago. Following that Fukashima carry on in Japan.
    Optics warehouse has both models, plenty of stock at very competitive prices with a decent returns offer if the scope isn't for you (I'm not affiliated with them).
    Nikko Stirling Diamond Sportsman 10-50x60 Riflescope
    I found the IR useful only a couple of times in FT comps in shaded areas. I actually prefer the sight picture of the NATO ret and it's 50 quid cheaper.
    Steve Smiths Dinnington NE13 7AB...(I'm not affiliated with them either)
    Steve Smiths Shooting Ground
    Hope that helps you out.

5. philc

philc Member

Thanks mate very helpful

ATVB