Big Nikko Mk 1 Help Needed

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by EV2_Hawke, Jan 30, 2013.

1. EV2_Hawke

EV2_Hawke Member

Club:
    Redfearn
    In trying to ease the adjustment of the magnification of the scope (was very tight) I made the big mistake of removing the screw (in the top of the magnification adjuster) to add a little oil. When I replaced the screw the magnification would not adjust at all. I tried to relocate the screw several times without success. Now the screw will not screw back in.

Is this repairable? Help please!

2. mykeed20

mykeed20 Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Nikko

Hi mate, if you're a member of Redfearns try having a word with John Lee, he's good with Nikkos and should be up on Sat.
    ATB Mike

3. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    jon lee

John lee is your best bet,he's dealt with a few mk1's.
    atb simon

4. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

If they aren't already put the turrets back to a central position on their travel and then try to re insert the screw.

If that solves the problem make sure you pack the scope appropriately to optically center it when mounting it.

James

5. EV2_Hawke

EV2_Hawke Member

Club:
    Redfearn
    Many thanks for your comments guys. Problem now resolved - fairly easily in the end.

ie Mag adjuster can be pulled away to allow greasing of the O- rings & location of the hole. Reassemble then insert screw into hole via adjuster. Initially insert screw anti-clockwise then tighten clockwise = success!!

JEFF SKINNER is my hero!! :)