Bi Pod stud fitment

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by CharlieFarlie, Dec 28, 2011.

1. CharlieFarlie

CharlieFarlie Member

Club:
    Member of Worcester Air Rifles and Glenrothes Target shooting club.
    The Bipod/sling stud on My R10 came out today.. The stud is obviously not thick enough to grip the hole in the stock... So do the studs vary in the thickness of the threaded part ??
    I'm hoping I can put in a thicker threaded one instead of resorting to using glue or silicone to hold the old one in place..

The old one does still thread and grips a little but obviously not enough to hold the guns weight . I had it over My shoulder on a leather sling when it pulled out. Fortunately I caught the rifle.....

So Guys whats the advice ? Use some glue or clear silicone or is there an option of a thicker stud ...

If its to be stuck then what would or have any of You used successfully ?...

Thanks

Charlie.

2. Knockedover

Knockedover Active Member

You can get a version with a bolt type fitting that bolts in rather than relying on a thin forend for purchase, might be worth looking at one of those :) Failing that plastic wood or a chemical metal may do the trick but I wouldn't trust it personally.

3. CharlieFarlie

CharlieFarlie Member

Club:
    Thanks for that !!
    Yes I too would always be a little distrustful of a glue type repair !! Could You point Me in the direction of where I can get a bolt through one ?

Thanks again

Charlie.

4. Knockedover

Knockedover Active Member

Do a Google search for a Harris HB2 or HB2A stud and it should throw up some results :) there are three different types but the two I've mentioned should be the most suitable :)

5. CharlieFarlie

CharlieFarlie Member

Club:
    Brilliant !! Thank You !!:D

Charlie.