BFTA WAFTA GP8 Nelson

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by RobF, Aug 10, 2009.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    BFTA WAFTA GP8 Nelson

Well, they had been bigging it up all season, and it was certainly worth the wait.

Probably the most picturesque placement of targets I have ever seen... old exposed trees and babbling brooks, even the odd waterfall chucked in for good measure. Targets placed high and low, in and out, spread left and right to catch the unwary, and boy did it do that. Shots that were sent with certainty outside of the kill barely shifted a mm at over 50 yds, yet dare to come inside and you were often met with a wind that took you back out the short way, or right over and out to the far side. As per Byley, if you didn't get a grip on this one there was nothing to save your score as it slipped through your fingers lane after lane.

It was said that there was a little bit of luck needed to score well there, but I think it really needed a good grasp on that breeze, and if you didn't have it then luck certainly not going to fill the void.

Congrats to David Williams for grabbing back the Welsh GP trophy after 17 years... and Neil Daniels for sharing the honours. Also to Ian Stoddart for his win in A grade with an excellent 43. His first trophy ever, and it looks like he got it in just in time before getting into AA. Peter Moore did it for Far Coley in B grade, and Conor McFlynn took home honours in C with a storming 43. Nick Murphy put another win in the spring class, as did Brian Samson in SFT. Air Arms made full use of a weakened Walther team and got another win to tie the league just before the last shoot.

As far as the league goes, it looks like those that needed to catchup mostly made full use of the opportunity, and I expect the points table to show quite a few shuffles. It amazes me just how close it can get each year, and this year is even tighter. There'll be many who will be holding their breath until Sywell is over...

The scores are up on the BFTA site, and i'll post some pics later...

2. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    GP8 Nelson

Hi

Just like to say a massive thanks to Berty and the rest of the chaps who worked very hard to give us a very enjoyable and memorable GP yesterday.

Superb ground and the course was a cracker.

Roll on Sywell

Cheers

Chris

3. richos36

richos36 Member

Have to agree best course iv`e shot on these GP`s although my score don`t reflect how good it was. Well they do really, I thought had the wind sussed then oh the pellet goes the other way :confused: or straight :confused: or not enough wind :confused: lol

WELL DONE ALL AT NELSON :D :cool:
    AND Ian Stoddart for his win in A GRADE looks like its in the bag buddy :D:cool:
    And Rob and Clinton for the company round the course :D

cheers shaun

4. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
  5. RobF

Club:
  6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Excellent .

Probably the best FT shoot i have done . thanks to the welsh lads for doing all that blo-dy hard work for us . great course , good food at a decent price .what more could you want . ??? HOLLY

7. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    I'm with richos - the best GP course in my 3 seasons.

Many thanks to the Nelson crew and congratulations to David for bringing the trophy home.

Shaun:):)

8. RobF

Club:
    full scores now up...

9. KarlC

KarlC Member

Club:
    Dowry Hill Ftc
    GP 8 Nelson

A Big thanks to Dorian and Berty and the rest of the Welsh crew what a lovely ground and thanks for the warm welcome and the sun gods came out to play too.. Cannot wait till the next Welsh GP ..
    Karl + Debbie

10. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I'd like to add my thanks to everyone involved yesterday. I really enjoyed the challenge set for us all.
    Thanks too to Shaun and Michael for their company.

Pictures should be up on the photo thread soon

11. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Gp8

Many thanks to all for the comments, the club even though alot of work involved were happy with the result of the course.

Theres one member in particular I take my hat off to, it is Simon Tipping, the man works his socks off to get the final touches done perfect.

Im sure all in the club would agree. Even though it is a team effort, he doesnt stop working up there. He hardly practices or relaxes due to getting the work done.

The members in Nelson are glad that the comments we had were superb and the feedback was excellent.

Well thats enough from myself.

Will see you all at GP9.......

Berty Bassett

12. RobF

Club:
    I know it's unfair comment, as really we haven't seen a bad course on the GP circuit... but there's just a je ne sais quoi about a welsh course and the effort it demonstrates, and the pride behind it. Tondu refined that, Nelson carried it on...

Damn i'd love a course in the New Forest...

13. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Tart ?

" but there's just a je ne sais quoi"
    Just love it when you speak dirty like that rob .
    But i suppose it comes naturally to a tackle tart ??? HOLLY