BFTA Grand Prix 7: Swefta @ East Devon

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by saltydog, Jul 25, 2010.

1. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    [xFLOAT=left]http://shooting-the-breeze.com/internal/logos/bfta.jpg[/xFLOAT]
    BFTA Grand Prix 7: Swefta @ East Devon

AA
    1st James Osborne
    2nd Dave Schofield
    3rd Rob Farnworth

A
    1st Robert Walker
    2nd Alec Gibbs
    3rd James Griffiths

B
    1st Mark Brewitt
    2nd Derek Bendon
    3rd Chris Lee

C
    1st Peter Jacob
    2nd Paul O'Hanlon
    3rd Dean Jukes

PISTON
    1st Nick Murphy
    2nd Karl Clarke
    3rd Robert Long

SFT
    1st Steve Lanyman
    2nd Richard Baker
    3rd Ian Harford

well done BERTY winning the sillies

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    wot woz the top score of the day john cos woz only 2 down,in the morning sesh,regards chris lee

3. TonyF

TonyF SWEFTA FT Champion 2006

Club:
    Mendip, East Devon, Avon Hawks and Oaktree.
    Top was 48, but unfortunately John had to travell back up north, otherwise he would have been in the shootoff with James, Dave and Rob, hence John was 4th.

4. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    4 on 48, Ozy, Cozy, Schofield + F

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Cheers Salty Dog...

Many thanks to Chris and the East Devon and the SWEFTA boys for a top GP on their first ask. Not a single stoppage all day was a testament to the hard work gone in ensuring it was so. Course was testing in terms of length, but the scores reflected that it was about the right level of challenge, a tricky balance considering the conditions predicted. They played their part, a light breeze perpetuating most of the course, with stillness in some parts yet strength in others. The afternoon saw the breeze penetrate the woods a tad more, and with perhaps a bit more bite, yet even in the afternoon it took judgement to deduce just how much or how little this would move a shot.

6 standers tested the positional aspect, but it was perhaps not those that troubled most of the top scores. John Costello was unfortunate to get bitten on two consecutive sitting targets having cleared 41before on the trot, and whilst this shattered the dream of us witnessing two clearances back to back by the same person, it kept Chris Jones' course intact, and John happy with the thought that there are not many who could claim 91 GP targets without a miss, or perhaps 98 ex 100 over two consecutive GP's. In addition, this puts him in an extremely strong position overall for the title, with 286 points out of a possible 300 with 4 wins and one second place. John only needs to finish better than 10th equal to ensure that points tally further increases.

Strong showings from the other grades suggest there will be a few more shooters will be climbing the grade ladder for the winter leagues, and as ever, the piston class wasn't far behind with Nick Murphy leading the day on a 43, the other two places on 40 and the SFT crew close behind on high 30's.

Top stuff on the silhouettes from Berty Bassett, on a range that was extremely exposed to a strong breeze... the later shootoff for the silly's positions demonstrating this to great effect as each struggled to get more than a couple on each bank, or enough to get a lead.

All good stuff, South West style.

Off to Bisley next in a couple of weeks, and if there's anyone out there in the region that can lend a hand before or on the day, just contact Loopyloo and she'll point you in the right direction. See ya there :D

6. RobF

Club:
    With quite likely someone else being in 4th in that event...:rolleyes: ahem :eek:

7. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    cant agree with you anymore rob couldnt beleive how smoothly it went, started at 9 finished at 11,cheers guys fanstic coarse well worth the drive even in my poorly car,had to stop at every service station to fill up with water on the way home lol,that will teach me for looking at new cars,old bess had the last laugh,me mark and derek all finished on 40 in b grade,same i coudnt hav done the shoot off

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  8. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Very unofficial but as I was watching Tony do the Showdown Qualifiers as presentation was done, I have to say a big well done to Ft Ringer Peter Jacob.

Taking C class with a 43 was a good result but he managed to make the showdown as well on countback.

Names on the list, but as i said unofficial until confirmed on bfta website

Rob walker
    James Griffiths
    Alec Gibbs
    Micheal E cotter
    Chris Large
    Nick Murphy
    Peter Jacob

9. RobF

Club:
    Ta Simon...

Photo thread here... (bit arty farty, xmas party)

10. RobF

Club:
    GP Results are up here

11. JerryD

JerryD Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    Just got back after a loooooooooooooong day: 5:30am - 9:45pm and 464miles.

Cracking day though, well worth it. Thanks to all the lads who organised it, and the Rich C and Jason H for the company.

Off to beddy-byes now:eek:

12. J Costello

J Costello (Unofficial) BFTA Grand Prix Champion 2010

Would just like to say a real well done to the Devon guys it was a brilliant course, exactly how a GP course should be, worth every second of the 800 mile round trip :) Now looking forward to Bisley in 2 weeks time.

13. RobF

Club:
  14. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

well done to the last two posters on your scores :cool:

15. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    Yes, this was the perfect GP, everything spot on, no whistles, thanks and well done to all the Devon crew.

All the scores went up quickly (brilliant that Web God fella :) well done Ste)

Dave S

16. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Thank you everyone who helped out with yesterdays GP, the course was spot on for the conditions and everything ran smoothly (even my shooting:D).

Simon and David thank you too for your company, did I tell you that my Mum hit those standers? And those kneelers........

Sorry Rob and Dave, glad John had to go home:D

James

17. RobF

Club:
    No worries, the best man won, well the best one left anyway :D I got a nice trophy which i'd been hankering after, and 50 points... the only thing that could have topped it was to win the shootoff... so 2/3 aint bad...but then 2/3 standers was what got me there in the first place...

Did Nick Murphy hit those standers... he noted your mum hitting them as well, remarking "now there's a challenge"...! :D

18. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Great day

It has to be said, this was one of the smoothest GP's ever shot for a while.

No whistles meaning no hold up's.

The course was spot on and the setting was stunning....

I think everyone would agree that they enjoyed this shoot.

My thanks go out to the people who made it happen, I know Chris Jones was a happy man knowing the shoot went so well......

Berty

19. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    Thankyou everyone for the positive comments they mean alot to me and the rest of the guys at East Devon FTC, I would like to say a public thankyou to Jerry Stamp, Ian penrose & Bob for puting up with me over the last month and to Charlie and my long suffering wife Janet for the stats and all the swefta guys that helped on the day, Without these guys that every club has we could not shoot the quality comps around the country that we perhapes sometimes take for granted, Thankyou again and hopefully we will see all of you again next year. :)