BFTA GP6: NWFTA Bewitched by Byley...

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by RobF, Jul 12, 2009.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    BFTA GP6: NWFTA Bewitched by Byley...

Some days, the unruly mistress of whoms affections we desire can be mastered. Some days she requires a gentle caress, other times a much firmer hand is required... but today she was in charge. A flirtatous syren called you to come out and play, yet if she felt you were playing shy, or you were showing her the same trick twice, she turned her back and left you wanting. The course had been set to for her,and she took full advantage of the wide selection angles and exposures.Constant attention, courage, and second by second decisions were required to keep her in hand, yet she was always playing away given any chance. She came in from the south, and threw her arms round the course's flanks in an embrace that left no area free of her attentions.

In the morning, the windmeister Ian Taylor and Steve Mason danced with her the best, just dropping the 5 points each, yet there were many a seasoned shooters who fell foul to her fickleness and temper. In the afternoon, Andy Calpin looked like he had her in hand, carrying just 2 dropped shots for most of the course, yet he fell out of her favour dropping a further 5 later in the day. But there were many more who suffered her spite to a greater degree. It was said that perhaps never, in a field, has so much been lost, by so many, by so little... I don't know if that's true, but I suspect many wished we used 50mm kills.

Thanks to the Byley crew for the shoot and support, and we hope that perhaps Trev sacrificed enough today to have her in a better mood for our visit to Emley Moor in two weeks time.

Scores will no doubt be on the BFTA website soon, and i'll stick some pics in the gallery later.

2. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    Thanks for the info rob,
    Enjoyed the shoot today, well done to ian and Steve.

Anyone know what the top silhouette score was?

Cheers

Chris

3. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Gp6

Cheers Rob for the info :)

Would also like to thank Byley FTC for hosting todays shoot and setting out the course and also my shooting partners Steve Cope and Dave Brayford for an enjoyable and enlightening morning session.

Will

4. RobF

Club:
    17 I believe...

5. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    Cool, cheers Rob.

Chris

6. RobF

Club:
  7. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    Ever thought of writing for those erotica books rob :eek:

You have such a way with words didnt realise i was there ;)

Great shoot wasnt it

Some are going to whine and say it was too long (ive already heard them) but this course MADE you up your game whether you are already a AA Grade or if you are one of the lower ones it didnt care you had to dig deep.

Well done to all winners and hope everyone had as much of a good day as i did. Bring on emley moor :)

regards
    lyn

8. RobF

Club:
    Erotica books Loopy? Dunno what you mean :D

There's some scores up here http://www.bfta.net/BFTADocs/gp6scores.htm but Steve says they're a bit quick and dirty, and i've noticed quite a few names missing... Tony has the cards, so the official ones should be up soon...

Tony asked me that if anyone spots any errors or has any scoring questions, could they email him on Comps@BFTA.net

9. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    Writting Rob

Thanks for the write up Rob. Any chance you can tell me what your on about. Bare in mind I come from Heanor and I`m none to bright.:confused::eek::)

10. RobF

Club:
    Short version. The wind was a complete bitch :D

11. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Bloody hell Rob you had a case of the Stuart Halls? :D

12. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Not sure about Rob's description from yesterday but I do know I struggled all the way through the course.:confused: Well done to everyone who managed anything over 40.

I have added a link to some pictures on the photo thread.

James

13. RobF

Club:
    probably why your struggling with my description... :D:D

official scores are up on the BFTA site under results... i must say, i'm impressed with the scores in the other grades... 41-40 top 3 in A, 40 in B... something like 30 in C, mid 30's in SFT... i know some had a bad day, but wow, you stand still for 5 secs and you better be prepared to be trampled by the herd out for scalps!

14. RobF

Club:
    The BFTA site seems to be intermittently down for me, so i've put a direct link to the scores here

15. Neale M

Neale M Member

Club:
    Far Coley Ftc
    All Scores are up now :D:D

16. RobF

Club:
    Cheers Neale :)

That makes interesting reading...

Walther and AA1 are neck and neck after 6 shoots...:eek:

Calpin looks very strong, in AA, along side Gillott... Costello and the dark horse Penman loom as well... and there's still 3 shoots left for other people to throw the throttles forward and upset the runners as well.

Ian looks good in A, but there's a bevy of shooters with a shoot in hand that could come close to him next time around once the scores start to be dropped...

Simon Higgins could be close to sewing up B grade, but then his chasers are close behind consistently, so if they stay close they could be chasing him to the end...

Nothing in it in C grade

Springer... well Marc will be back i'm sure to try and fight it out with nick, and perhaps the open grade as well!

Richard has Brian Samson to hold off in SFT.

4 targets seperate the sillys' top 5, except Calpin and Woodhead have a shoot in hand...:rolleyes:

No pressure! :eek::D