BFTA GP2: SEFTA at ETL

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by RobF, May 17, 2010.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    [xFLOAT=left]http://shooting-the-breeze.com/internal/logos/bfta.jpg[/xFLOAT]
    BFTA GP2: SEFTA at ETL

ETL Field Target Club put on a superb GP, organisation was right on the usual SEFTA's high standard, and the course was built to match. Something for everyone, but almost every target needed careful thought. Quite a few 50+ yd'ers were there to test, but as many found out you couldn't relax so much on the short ones. Bias was thrown on the tougher side by 3 standing lanes being offered, but they also were varied and fair, presenting points for the taking. Aside from the concentration, bravery was needed in dealing with the wind, not just for giving it loads of windage out of the kill when it blew, but also holding inside for when the target might be shielded. Judicious use of the clock was an advantage in waiting for the wind to at least make it's mind up. The floating woolies were largely ignored by most ;)

Despite all the difficulty though Neale Marklew put the course straight with a 48 in the morning, shooting the wrong target cost him 50% of his misses. An excellent recovery after his Walther gave out the GP before, especially considering the course and conditions. Chris Briscoe put in another strong performance of the season with a 46. It was left to the afternoon session to provide some competition. No-one matched Neale's score, but Neil Daniels and Berty Bassett and Craig MacDonald also put down 46's, so a 4 way shoot-off was needed to seperate them. Chris ducked out early, and Craig and Neil were left behind by Berty. Craig then let Neil overtake as they fought it out on a set of 50+yd kneelers.

Well done to all involved, it was another top GP, with lots of hard work evident to make it so.

Here are some placings, results i'm sure will be up very soon at BFTA.net in the usual place, but temporary ones are here

Name Targets
    2 AA
    3 1st Neale Marklew 48
    4 2nd Mark Basset 46
    5 3rd Neil Daniels 46
    7 A
    8 1st Simon Evans 44
    9 2nd James Griffith 44
    10 3rd Jenny Taylor 43
    13 B
    14 1st Stam Kempton 43
    15 2nd Mark Brewitt 41
    16 3rd David Robinson 41
    19 C
    20 1st Dean Jukes 39
    21 Peter Jacob 35
    22 Geoff Hawes 28
    25 SFT
    26 1st Steve Lanyman 35
    27 2nd Richard Baker 33
    28 3rd Jim Nee 32
    31 Piston
    32 1st Nick Murphy 43
    33 2nd Robert Long 40
    34 3rd Glenn Newman 35

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    A big thank you to all that put on Gp 2 yesterday. My and I think many other shooters first time to the ground and I have to say it was my ideal ft course, twists and turns so you had to work the wind almost from lane to lane.
    A good mix of targets with plenty of hitable ones and enough that could take marks with wind seemingly from any direction at will! I still cant work out how the 40+ yards took me for nearly 3 inches of wind lol!

Great food, zero, parking and company. Thanks to Mark, great result and congratualtions on picking up the trophy. Thanks to Peter who must have one of the most accurate wool windicaters in the country, well it worked for me if not for him!

3. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    My first visit to ETL ground and a very good experience. Made even better by the company of Matt and Stuart who kept my spirits up as i was shooting abysmally. Definitely another " must attend " entry for the diary. Damned good course too. :D

4. RobF

Club:
    Yep, and the ETL 50 isn't far away, so if you fancy another go at the course, that's the one to attend :)

5. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Etl

Well I havent shot down there for years, but it was just as I remembered from then. Great ground damn good course including good people to shoot with.

Damn gutted on a few splitters but overall more than happy with 2nd.

Im looking forward to seeing some pics from yesterday as the weather was good right up until the shootoff and the drive home.

I was hoping to find out what the team scores were as well. I think it was closer than thought to be honest....

Catch up soon, as I am now driving down to High Wycombe for the day to see Steve lanyman. Might even have a night over there. I love this little sleep regime I have haaahaaa.......

Berty

6. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

A great Comp, cheers to all concerned & to Keith for accomodating my Session switch.
    Many thanks too to Pat & Geoff for their company round an interesting & entertaining Course.
    The M25 was abysmal though!!!!!

7. RobF

Club:
    M25 south had a lorry stationary just around the m20, we were only 1/2 a mile behind it, but was there for 1/2 an hour.

8. RobF

Club:
    Close, but I think Team Walther will be keeping the cigars for another GP... ;) If i'd been able to manage to hit a 17 and 22 yd stander or two, we might have cracked them out :D

9. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    And jabbed me in the eye with them for shooting like a c**k ! :D

Sorry Cap ;)

10. RobF

Club:
    Don't worry, it's a team effort mate, and I know we were all putting lots of that in. Just think, when we all get all of our act together at the same time, they'll be in the dust :D

11. TourneySteve

TourneySteve New Member

Club:
    Midshires
    Many thanks to ETL yesterday, it was my first ever GP, and I loved every minute of it. I will definately be doing more this year. And thanks to Kev and Beryl for the company and advice :D

12. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    Even though I shot like a complete C**K I really enjoyed the course, sorry about the score Rob :eek:. I was giving wind when I should of been centre, The amount of spilts and mm misses were very frustrating, sooner miss by inches.

13. strangefroot

strangefroot Member

glove

Hey guys before i left G.P yestarday i saw a number in the club house for a shooting glove.
    But forgot to write it down is it possible any knows this number or web address.
    Thanks
    Mark Stenton.

14. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    cheers lads at etl brill coarse and nice club i shell be back,the misses i had were on edges how bloody annoying,to get 5 out of 6 standers woz good but the 1 i missed woz on lane13/14 yes the bloody close 1 wot a nob comes to mind:):):):)roll on tondo must do better:confused::confused:

15. SIMONH

SIMONH Giddy Kid

Had a lovely day with great company

Thanks to everyone who helped set the shoot up:)

16. RobF

Club:
    How much stuff did Andy stuff in his ears for the journey home? :D

17. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    My first experience of ETL and I thought it was fantastic; an excellent course on a superb ground.
    Many thanks Shaun :)

ps - I slept through the M25

18. SIMONH

SIMONH Giddy Kid

I stopped taking the p*** when he started crying :D:D

19. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    scores are up on bfta

20. RobF