BFTA GP2 drop outs

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Conor, May 14, 2013.

1. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Again just because I ve nothing else better to do, thought I d list the names of those who booked into GP2 and didn t actually attend.
    I will repeat, the list consists of those who were registered and appeared on the BFTA competition secretary's published list, so they were booked in for the event but did not compete for whatever reason.

AA GRADE
    Stuart Hancox - Harriers, MFTA
    Keith Worboyes - ETL, SEFTA

A GRADE
    John Sears - Millride, MFTA
    Michael Brown - Castle, MFTA
    Carl Davies - Harriers, MFTA
    Toby Robinson - Wendover, CSFTA
    Sean T***** – Dartmoor, SWEFTA
    Allistair T***** – Dartmoor, SWEFTA
    Steven Allen – Midshires, FFTA

B GRADE
    Darren Moore - Harriers, MFTA
    Derek Bendon - Tondu, WAFTA
    Gary McConville - Millride, MFTA
    Simone Callan - ETL, SEFTA

C GRADE
    Mark Thomas - Tondu, WAFTA
    Malcom Gwyne - FFTA, Lea Valley OR the mystery person somehow using same BFTA no. as Mal Gwynne - Lea Valley, FFTA

There were 163 publically listed registered names for GP3, 146 attended the event and shot according to the results (so I'm missing two names)?

17 drop outs and I will say again, I don t care what excuse, whether totally legitimate or not, is used; this is only a record of those who didn t shoot that had registered.

Apologies if I have named anyone incorrectly and for the conspiracy theorists, guys and girls,the list is compiled of those who booked in but didn't attend the shoot! AFAIK

As I've said I don't care whatever reason they didn't attend its quite simple they just didn't attend.

There may be a logic to it, method to the madness, a common denominator, a trend or just whatever; people just couldn't attend.

If your wrongly named above, apologies and I will edit it to get it correct. This may be the last one as my eyes are sore and my head hurts.

Conor

2. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    Carl davies shot far coley.....!

3. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    No score or result for Carl Davies so he possibly didn't hand in his scorecard.

4. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    attended

Carl attended,but left before the start i think.
    Did not see him on the coarse,i may be wrong:eek:o

5. pauljv

pauljv Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    I think carl had a spot of trouble with his gun so didn't finish but he did attend

6. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    mick brown turned up but was very unwell and had to go home, hope your feeling a lot better mick, by the way the eggs are luverly thanks.;);)

7. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Don't like this game but ...

Steven Allen and Malcolm Gwynne - did not book into the shoot. Unfortunately, by mistake, some shooters are using their old BFTA numbers to book in and these numbers have since been allocated to Steven and Malcolm.

The score sheets are generated off BFTA numbers and not names hence why Steven and Malcolm's info is displayed.

Carl Davies attended the shoot but had gun problems hence no score.

The majority of people on the list contacted me or Far Coley to cancel.

Why I don't like this game?
    There were some serious situations involved, far more important than their Sunday shoot, and I easily understand why attending the GP was far from people's minds. However, many did contact me and I thank them.

If you're not attending then please tell the GP organiser and here's why:

Those who book in have to monitor that there are at least 2 shooters per lane. If drop outs are known then adjustments can be made before the event and this helps the sessions start smoothly.

Shaun

8. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Sean sent a text on the morning of the shoot, family illness, but my phone was off so i did not pass on until later in the day!

9. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Just to add...

There is a cancel booking button on the booking in system. If you hit that it sends an email straight to the person handling the booking in to say you've cancelled, and opens up a place on the system should that session be full.

10. Sammo

Sammo Member

Thanks Rob. Thats good to know. I just hope I never have to use it.

11. TourneySteve

TourneySteve New Member

Club:
    Midshires
    Thanks for commenting Shaun and clearing up a few reasons for non attendance, but seriously though I'm getting sick of this type of thread! Pointless :mad:

12. RobF

Club:
    I think we all do :)

What I may do is put a little check box under the terms and conditions check box for people to have to check it to say they are aware there is one should they need to use one. I can see how in the rush how people gloss over the blurb and waffle up top.

When someone cancels it sends an email to the booking in person, and frees up that place, so it's fairly handy. However to stop late cancellations it's stopped 3 days before, because I assumed by then it's too late or people may be offline building courses etc, but that can be changed to a day before if need be.

Hopefully the logging in problems that may have prevented people from doing so are solved as well.

13. D. Clark

D. Clark Member

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Then perhaps this information should only be available to the organisers and not be available for all to see.

14. Shaun

Club:
    Harriers
    Or the information is not abused.

Personally, I like to see my name on a list confirming my entry.

Shaun

15. RobF

Club:
    The list of who is booked in is visible to public primarily because people tend to book other people in and check others haven't done it beforehand, or people want to confirm they are booked in, or can't remember if they are and want to double check etc.

I can make it only visible to those that have booked in (I think), but then that then doesn't allow those who haven't booked in to see if their mate has booked them in already without booking in again themselves to see the list of who is booked in.

Hope that makes some sense. :eek:

Unfortunately the system isn't clever enough to tell the difference between Farnworth, Farnsworth, or Franworth. I can lock it down so you can only book yourself in and this would solve that, but then it would disable group booking in because of the way it's structured.

It's only when you see what seems to be a relatively simple system thrown against the complex human element that you pick up on all these subtle issues which raise their heads.

'We' can build a better system, one that handles scores and grading and booking in, all in a single system, which could be coded to enable only registered shooters to book in and know when duplicates are found. It would also probably remove the need to enter GP scores and grades separately, saving Simon some considerable time. It's probably possible to enable comp secs to enter scores directly themselves. It could also check renewal dates of club insurance and membership renewals at club level, and hook these into the booking in system so that those who have lapsed can't be booked in. Thrown wider it could allow comp secs to do the booking in for their own events as well...

But that will be a custom ground up job. It's something I will hope to raise at the next BFTA meeting. 'We' have the skill set on standby, so it's a question of time, application and cost. Very early days.

16. D. Clark

D. Clark Member

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    booking

I agree Shaun, but with all this name and shame going on i am becoming reluctant to book in just in case i have a personal problem that prevents me from attending. If more people take this view then the excellent work that you all do before the event will have to take place on the day, what problems would that cause?

17. RobF

Club:
    If the cancel button is used, then your name will be removed from the list. Alternatively you can contact me and i can do it for you. :) The cancel button is good because it lets the booking in person know via email instantly and removes you from the list.

I'll tweak it so you can cancel right up till Friday. I would assume by then most would know they can't make it? Emergencies aside.

I think the motivation is to persuade those that perhaps know beforehand to be active in cancelling so that their place becomes free or additional efforts to accommodate more shooters aren't redundant.

18. Shaun

Club:
    Harriers
    I agree :)

19. TJDizzy

TJDizzy TJDizzy

Club:
    WendoverARC
    I think this thread is a complete JOKE! :mad:

I appreciate shaun has already said that a few people had already contacted him ,and if not there may be more serious reasons some of the (drop outs) may not have been in contact being last thing on there mind due to what ever reason..

I think everyone would like to think this to be a growing sport BUT due to (Coner) I can see people thinking twice about signing up for a GP incase they can't make it and wouldn't want to be on the "name and shame list"

After this thread I doubt I will put myself forward for any GP's in the future (Incase I can't make it) Unless Coner has a magic ball that allows be to see into the future.

This is not aimed at any of the organizers and the people that work hard for these shoots to take place it's Just a shame about this thread (Coner) has decided to start up due to "him not having anything better to do"

20. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

What's the point in it.

Last edited: May 15, 2013