BFTA GP1 drop outs

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Conor, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Just cause I’ve nothing else better to do, thought I’d list the names of those who booked into GP1 and didn’t actually shoot.
    I will repeat, the list consists of those who booked in and got a designated lane in the 3 sessions but did not compete for whatever reason.

AA GRADE
    Matt Hirst – Redfearn, NEFTA
    Kev Sayers – Harriers, MFTA

A GRADE
    Luke Dawson – Tawd Vale, NWFTA
    Chris Semmens - Redfearn, NEFTA
    Dave Harrison – Far Coley, MFTA
    Sean ****** – Dartmoor, SWEFTA
    Allistair ****** – Dartmoor, SWEFTA
    Steven Allen – Midshires, FFTA
    Colin Richardson – Midshires, FFTA

B GRADE
    Lori Richardson – Midshires, FFTA
    Adam Walsh – Greyhound, MFTA
    Jim Carter – Greyhound, MFTA
    Len Maule – Sywell, MFTA
    Thomas Dawson – Tawd Vale, NWFTA

C GRADE
    Someone somehow using same BFTA no. as Mal Gwynne - Lea Valley, FFTA
    Chris Price – Sywell, MFTA

PISTON
    Ivan Marsden - Anston, NEFTA
    Danny Webb – Greyhound, MFTA

I will say again, I don’t care what excuse whether totally legitimate or not is used; this is only a record of those who didn’t shoot that had registered.

Apologies if I have named anyone incorrectly… but my eyes are sore and my head hurts, I really don’t know how Shaun does it!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. mod23

mod23 --Sywell--

Club:
    .... Sywell... Waresley .....
    David Clark was on session 1 .

3. bluespots

bluespots New Member

Club:
    Midshires Marksmen, Hereward, Oaktree
    Richard Baker was in session 2

4. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    I am sure gary fisher was there?

5. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Conor, you naughty boy!

A GRADE
    David Clarke – Midshires, FFTA - Shot Piston

B GRADE
    Michael Prescott – Sywell, MFTA - Shot session 1
    Richard Baker – Hereward, FFTA - Shot session 2

C GRADE
    Gary A Fisher – Castle, MFTA - Shot session 3
    Robert Selvey – Millride, MFTA - Shot session 3 but had to retire

6. Conor

Club:
    Just using your lists incorrectly Shaun :eek:
    I've missed a few now then:confused:

7. EELS

EELS Active Member

Club:
    Kent Woodsmen FTC
    Blimey Conor - it's a good job you're on the other side of the Irish sea mate! :)

8. swiftysue

swiftysue A sip of tea in the ocean

Club:
    Greyhound
    do not attends (dna)

I am really glad u r doing this and i hope you list those who paid and never put their card in as well because i think that is so irritating, and some people do it just to keep themselves in the grade they are in. Shocking
    I had a bad shoot yesterday, i shoot left handed , was trying a new righthanded gun in a right handed stock receipe for not a great score as i had put the scope on day before. But i turned up and shot, card went in ,and i had a good laugh. I personally think 72 hours min to a week notification min fir cancellation as we are all quick enough to book.sorry woman's rant over, i hate, people hard work go to waste

If anyone found this post of mine as ' muck stirring ' it is my personal opinion,so please pm me not other people. It is my personal view , and as far as i am still aware we still have freedom of speech, well in my grown up world we do.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  9. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Ivan Marsden did inform shaun the day before that he could not attend due to gun trouble.

10. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    So did lots of people on that list Dave!

11. Steve

Steve Member

Not really fair listing people if you don't have all the info Conor,even with good intentions.If that's the way forward Shaun is the man with the info.
    My thinking is,the next Gp,3 in this case should be opened at Gp2 and you pay for it then,as Shaun said on Sunday what about people that don't go to Gp2.But I think the people that are there are prepared to travel and should get 1st bite of the cherry so to speak.

12. Conor

Club:
    Guys and girls,
    The list is compiled of those who booked in but didn't attend the shoot!

As I've said I don't care whatever reason they didn't attend its quite simple they just didn't attend.

13. D. Clark

D. Clark Member

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Gp1

I agree if we have something like this, that causes all sorts of complications we should name the no shows.

I would however request that if this is the way forward we ensure that the information is correct before publishing.

Sorry for being a git but my name was originally on the list and i did turn up and shoot.
    Thanks to those that quickly responded on my behalf.

David

14. Bill Peat

Bill Peat TALLENTLESS PUMPERTEER

Club:
    PURLEY CHASE
    should have shot with your steyr Sue you were just getting the hang of it

15. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    This is purely my take and not representative of any club or organisations thoughts;

1/ Firstly the BFTA set up a paypal account...
    2/ This paypal account is used for shooters to pay for the shoot when they make the booking...
    3/ If for whatever reason a shooter has to cancel if they give the organiser 24 hours notice of a cancallation they are refunded their money, after that i'm sorry but the money is gone...
    4/ A list is kept of those who book and do not turn up (without prior warning), a two strikes and you're out rule is then employed i.e. you blob despite booking them GP1 and GP2 and you are barred from GP3...

Will Baskeyfield
    Far Coley FTC

16. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    My thinking, no refunds what so ever. Simple. If it's a major trauma why you can't attend, £10 won't matter that much. Otherwise it falls on someone's neck (probably Shaun's) to decide who's reason warrants a refund and who's doesn't. If people know up front, it's a ticket to attend, and there's no refunds then they can make their choice.

I'll be furnishing the BFTA with the capabilities of paying up front on the current booking in system in due course, but on quick inspection, it looks easy to set up. Personally I think most know the web and paypal well enough, and if they don't then they know someone that does. Group booking would still work, just one person has to pay for the group. May slow how fast a GP books up, but as ever i suspect people will get organised and it will return to normal.

Another suggestion I heard is a fine at your next shoot. Could do both?

From a webmaster view it's very difficult to determine the exact ID of someone booking in and thus bar etc someone from using the booking in system, unless I go to the length of creating an account for every BFTA number and locking it down, and adding new ones as people join up and get a number, and deleting old ones. So you're still free to book in as Will B or Bill B, or if Thursday night, Bella B :D

I won't be making any suggestion, that's not my place, but i'll find out the pros and cons.

17. Littlekev

Littlekev Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    I gave shaun notice i had to work this is the first GP i have missed in 13 years not many people can say that. I was gutted that i could not do it.

18. thesmokindog

thesmokindog New Member

Club:
    Castle FTARC
    Why start this thread, why point fingers and name names. What is the point of this, is someone so despersate to stir the ****.. If people gave a valid reason as Shaun says they did, so what have none of you ever had to cancel anything in the past ?. It will never stop amazing me how far some people in my chosen sport can shove their heads up their own arses.....

If someone doesn't show up at GP2 what do you want to do, put the poor ******* against a wall and shoot him at GP3...

19. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    now this should put an end to this thread as above one two do have there heads up there bots and think they are the bees knees
    what you should remember as well we all don't know what is around the corner so people will need to drop out every now and again
    john

20. springer34

springer34 anschutz 9003

Agree with above post please find out the facts before making a comment as one person you have named is Adam Walsh well he gave his place to another shooter that person didn't turn up! So I think before a post is made on here get your facts sorted first, and sue swift well done getting what U did with a new setup, and looking at your scores you have done very well in b grade was it 7th I think you are used to the styer I think look 4ward to shooting with U in b grade stroke a grade next season.