BFTA GP 9 Results

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by Shaun, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Final standings here

Shaun

2. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Shaun - excellent work through the entire GP series.

Many thanks for all the hard work and late hours you have put in to get the results sorted so quickly - it really is appreciated :)

Dave.

3. PeteM

PeteM New Member

Thank You

Shaun, Many thanks for all your hard work & prompt getting the scores online, much appreciated.

4. TonyF

TonyF SWEFTA FT Champion 2006

Club:
    Mendip, East Devon, Avon Hawks and Oaktree.
    Shaun

You have done a great job throughout the year getting the results posted so quickly..... many thanks! :)

5. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Here's to you Mr shore

Outstanding is an understatement
    Your comitment this year has been most appreciated :)
    To travel,shoot ,travel back and take the time after the long journey home to post result's for every one to check their position's is nothing short of incredable.

Thank you very much shaun

simon

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Top stuff Shaun, many thanks for posting and all the hard work to you and the team behind the series this year.

7. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    yes a great big thankyou to all the people who put all the hard work and effort in to make these shoots so pleasurable thanks luvs.:):)

8. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    GP Series stats (unofficial)

Many thanks Shaun for your tireless updates so soon after each event.

I have updated my spreadsheet view of the averages for the GPs.

here

Just looking at the charts it looks like GP3 and 6 were less difficult (unless your regulator was #$@#$%$$) while GP1 and GP9 took their toll on AAs with GP5 as the Great Crusher :)

Note that the maximum score of the day has a big influence on the distributions - so very lucky nobody got a 49 yesterday!

All the best and I hope to see many of you next season.

Cheers
    Neil

9. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    You would have had to have been in league with the devil to get a 49 - luck would not hsve been enough ;)

10. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    well done Shaun,

we all know how tierd we are when we get home so a big thanks to you and the rest of your team for making it so easy to get the results so quickly. You are a real asset to the sport.

Big thanks also lets not forget to Tony, Sam, Ced, Kev etc for all their efforts that we all take for granted.

Cheers mate,

Chris

11. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston
    Many thanks to Shaun and everyone involved for making this year such a great gp series....roll on next year

12. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Easy dave, we've still got showdown, euros, masters worlds... then we can relax in the winter league for a bit :D

13. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    More stats but a different perspective

Hi

Rob made a few suggestions so I have put together a slightly different spreadsheet

here

A Original much the same
    B Added 90% column
    C Re-worked to use Grades boundaries of >80%, between 70% and 80%, between 55% and 70% and less than 55% i.e. AA, A, B, C
    D Then same grades distribution but using 50 as the maximum i.e. no allowance for top score of the day being low(!) just to indicate the influence of a hard day and a less hard one.

I added some highlighting to indicate things but will leave it to everyone else to pass comments along.

Cheers
    Neil

14. Suzukiphil

Suzukiphil Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Well said Chris,
    Huge amount of work gets done by people for the love of the sport, and usually all they get are moans and groans .
    Well done to all the people who make a GP season possible.

Phil:D

15. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

Not a bad effort Fiddler, but room for improvement!
    I seem to remember GP8 results took two days to appear, so a little more commitment next year would be appreciated.

16. DeanB

DeanB Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Neil,

Think you need to change your strap line from MFTA Winter Champ 2009 to BFTA GP Champ 2011 - perhaps waiting to see what happens in Italy! As you always say it is luck - have plenty of it in Italy.

Dean

17. strangefroot

strangefroot Member

A mega well done to " slim " & dave semmens for pulling the rug from under my feet at the last hurdle .Well deserved , as were all the other placings that were hard earned throughout the gp series in all grades .
    Weve seen some excellent shooting across the board this year , with the introduction of the extra reducers making the courses a bit easier than usual ( in my opinion ) but bringing a bit more of a precision element to each course which i think most people have enjoyed immensely.
    Would like to thank all the bfta officers for all the work that they put in , in front & behind the scenes ....... I know weve had a few little niggles along the way but looking back ,overall its been a brill series .Many thanks to all involved .
    Here are a few personal ideas that should hopefully make the gp's 2012 even better ( nothing too drastic ) dont want to put b & c graders or newcomers off !
    6 x standers &6 x kneelers
    2x 25mm out to 35 yds on kneelers ( sheltered & not 50 ft up a tree )?
    25 mm out to 40 yds. sitters
    I know the ideas above will make the courses a little harder but when all's said & done all grades are shooting ONLY against people in their own class .Dont think the handicap system is a good idea as most people like to see & gauge how close they can get to the top score on the day ....
    Mentioned this to a few at sywell , could it work having AA & A grades shooting one session & B & C , sft & rec grades in the other ???? This would mean that each grade would have the same weather conditions .Also , it maybe an idea to stick each grade up a few percent to even the grade numbers out ??( if you dont want to shoot in a lower grade , you can always elect to go higher )
    Thanks again , calps

18. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston
    Just a question that come to mind is there a list of how all clubs finnished up in the club team event i know castle won but just wondred about the rest??

19. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    All in Airgun shooter Magazine Dave.

If ft shooters want coverage then they need to spend a few quid per month and buy the mags.

However, as its you, :D
    Castle
    Anston
    Redfearns

20. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    agree on the changes, especially 6 standers,25ml kneelers.

Would like the mini kills changed to somthing like must have 1 15 ml and 4 25 ml. After that, upo to a course setter how many minis are out?
    Cant see the Aa / a must shoot session X working though due to travelling?

Definatley not interested inhandicap system, we all shoot the same course and it should be 1 target = 1 point.!