BFTA Disabled Rules

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by IAN TAYLOR, Mar 10, 2011.

1. IAN TAYLOR

IAN TAYLOR Member

Club:
    PONTEFRACT
    I would like to know if we have moved forward with the disabled shooting rules for the 2011 season or are heads still in the sand. NEFTA discussed this at great length and decided the best route would be to have a seperate class for the disabled shooter,This problem needs to be sorted before we get to a point of no return.Once a major open is won by someone taking there discipline shots sitting down the sport is finished.

2. fredyninefingers

fredyninefingers Non member

rather than label a class disabled why not have an open class and an all sitting class then its an option for older persons,disabled,juniors etc.........

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Thats an interesting option.

Ian, as far as i am aware there are no changes to disapline rules so as per last year. Best you could hope for is to propose for Agm in november ish time for 2012, unless an Egm is called before Gp 1, which seems unlikley?
    Did nefta reps talk about it in Bfta meeting?

I like the all sitting class idea for those that want to enter it or cant do standers / kneelers?

Now for someone to point out why it wont work?

4. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    The draft minutes of the January EGM are available to download from the BFTA site.
    They show that there was no agenda item relating to the Disabled Shooter rules proposed for discussion by any region.
    There was no issue relating to the disabled shooter rules raised under any other business.

My personal opinion is that the disabled shooter rules are to allow less able shooters to compete on an equal level with fully able shooters.
    If the consensus of opinion is that the disabled shooter rules provide an unfair advantage to less able shooters, then a proposal to alter the rules should be made at the June EGM.

5. NJR 100

Club:
    I not up to speed.

Is the june meeting an egm or an ogm?

6. saddler

saddler Phil Gee

Club:
    Millride
    It was agreed at the last meeting that the June meeting would be an EGM.

7. NJR 100

Club:
    Gp rules

Now up to speed, so if all goes well 15 ml kills can be used in all regioan shoots once past in June meeting.

Personally, i think if we talk to GP shooters after the first 4 Gp which take place before the EGM, we may have some more changes to propose?

8. alk1

alk1 New Member

Disabled shooters

whats the problem with shooters taking shots in the sitting position if it helps them out,DISABLED standing or kneeling.
    I have to use the sitting position to take my shots for the kneelers because i have bad knee problems as do other shooters.
    And as for anyone winning a major open in these positions i dout it very much because they are not the most stable.
    Sorry but i think this is sour grapes on your part before its even happened.

ALK1

9. NJR 100

Club:
    try and see

Perhaps the persepsion is that it gives an advantage?

cant comment really as I have not actually tried the disabled positions.

Will do so Saturday and see what i think? maybe others should try?

10. alk1

alk1 New Member

Disabled shooters

Can we have more able bodied shooters trying the disabled positions please so we can get more comments on this issue

11. ascoughc

ascoughc Member

I though that if someone says they cant kneel for a kneeling shot they had to take it standing therefore not gaining an advantage, but im not totally sure on that

12. rich

rich Active Member

There is no such thing as a disabled shooter. There are some shooters with disabilities.

On the matter of discussing rule changes at an EGM; I'm not up to speed on the BFTA constitution, however it is normal practice for an EGM - whch means extraordinary general meeting - to have only ONE item on the agenda. It is an "extra"-ordinary meeting because there is something that has to be sorted before the next "ordinary" meeting. It's advisable to limit the use of an EGM, to prevent hi-jacking; otherwise an EGM can be called for what is apparently a good reason, then a number of members with a hidden agenda force a vote on something else.

This is not to say that any such skullduggery exists in our context, just a point of procedure.

13. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Interesting, not sure how you could accuse Ian of sour grapes really:confused: funny though:D

14. rich

rich Active Member

As I understood it, this [​IMG] is the approved position for a pseudo-kneeler.

And this [​IMG] is a pseudo-stander.

15. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Photos i post

Rich,

The photos that you have put up are the similar pictures to what the BFTA have up at their shoots to illustrate the positions for the disabled shooter. I have spoken to persons who shoot the discipline shots this way due to their disability and they are fine with this rule..

I cant see an issue with this and not sure what has been discussed recently???

Berty

16. rich

rich Active Member

Neither can I.

If these photos are pinned up by the BFTA at BFTA events for the guidance of shooters with disabilities then they are the de facto approved positions. If this hasn't actually been formalised by a vote in a meeting then there is some tidying up to do, no wheels to re-invent.

17. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Confirmed positions

Rich,

These were the confirmed positions as by the BFTA I think they were agreed a whil ago due to comments being made by regions etc.....

Berty

18. rich

rich Active Member

This is from the minutes of the June 2009 meeting:

Action Point 8 – Roger to produce guidance showing acceptable positions for discipline shots for shooters with disabilities.
    Complete.

19. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

If these positions aren't seen as any added advantage to a shooter is it ok for everyone to use them ??

Personally having tried them I find the pseudo standing position much more stable than my normal standing position but then I am a crap stander

20. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

Kneeling shots are to be taken kneeling, if you take it standing it's a miss.