BFTA & Club Insurance

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by loopyloo, Feb 17, 2010.

1. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    BFTA & Club Insurance

This for everyone to read but only some to act upon

Those that took BFTA insurance in 2009 this will end MIDNIGHT 28th FEB that means you will not be insured unless you have chosen someone else to go with.

This is then up to everyone who visits a club to shoot to check that they are insured. Please dont take the risk, your life is not worth a few hours of fun.

Now that means if you continue to be affiliated to your region and require shooters cards this year i need a copy of your current insurance this should be given to your regional rep(via e.mail or hard copy) which should be then passed to me.

I then will give the green light to Phil Tetsall for your shooters cards to be released.

Any questions please ask away
    loopy

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
  2. waynegal

waynegal New Member

Inshurans

Dear sir,
    I am Wayne Galea from Malta,I be coming to kelmarsh WHFT ,DoI need to have an inshurance o there and if yes ow canI dotoobtain one ?

3. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    What happens then if a member of say club a visits club b which happens to be a member of the same region, and also visits club c which happens to be a member of another region. This is not for an open or competition shoot but for a weekly say club shoots. All 3 clubs in this case are affiliated BFTA clubs. I ask because this scenario is a common, certainly in mfta where it is common practice for club members of other clubs to shoot at a clubs club shoot.

Will

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    It's the clubs that should have insurance so there shouldn't be a problem as long as that's in place :)

5. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    At a club

So each club should have a certificate of insurance or a copy on display in the club and the act of signing in at a club will give you cover, is that correct.:confused:

6. Tesla

Tesla Member

Club:
    AFTE ( Euskadi F.T.Association)
    Insurance policy

Hello everybody.

In our club ( Asociación Filed Target Euskadi) we have already the insurance policy showed below.
    The policy coverage is: Up to 310.801 €
    For ALL THE SHOOTERS INSCRIBED IN THE COMPETITION organized by the AFTE.
    1- Damages or injuries done in persons or things outside of the shooters
    2- Damages or injuries done between the shooters

It means that everypeople inscribed in the 5t.International Open Field Target of Euskadi wiil be assured in our insurace policy. It doesn't matter they don't were a members of our club.

Please find below the policy sinthese document as evidence of the related before.

[​IMG]

Regards

7. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    All HFT World competitors are insured through Countryman Fairs and all UKAHFT comps are done via the hosting club.

Pete

8. RobF

Club:
    Yes, each club you visit should be able to tell you they are insured.

Basically if they say they're insured under the BFTA scheme, you now know that has ended (or will do on the 28th Feb 2010).

It's a kick up the backside for those clubs that used to take BFTA insurance, and don't seem to have taken NSRA insurance and haven't told the BFTA what insurance they have taken, if any... As I know Lyndeen takes great pains to chase all the clubs out there, and sends out documents via recorded delivery, and then doesn't get any info back, with those communication channels not working, it seems her advice of getting the shooter to check the club they attend is insured is the only method.

9. RobF

Club:
    Many thanks to all the responses sent back on this, I've passed them onto Lyndeen just in case she didn't have the info.

If you do reply, could you state your club if you do know the insurance, my memory is terrible.

Ta

Rob

10. little steph

little steph Captain Pussycat

Club:
    Lains Shooting School
    Meon have got NSRA insurance now, got confirmation from NSRA that we are insured but haven't got the rest of the paperwork yet. I'll email you Lyndeen with the copy of our letter I'll be sending Phil an email shortly for bfta shooters cards as I know he wants them by end of Feb.

11. RobF

Club:
    Cheers Steph :)

12. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters