BFTA 2013 /2014 Cards

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by NJR 100, Jan 29, 2013.

1. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Clubs that require 2013 /2014 BFTA cards for their members need to start thinking about getting their requests into me.

I need all requests by March 1st.

Most details as per last year.

Cards are £3.50 per shooter.

cheques made payable to "B.F.T.A."

Send to
    Simon Evans (BFTA)
    15 jubilee crescent
    Skewen
    SA10 6TP

Include shooter name, bfta mumber if they have one

If new shooters, please mark as new shooter.

Also need 2013 insurance copy

If you want the cards sent to you, include a SAE A5 in size otherwise they will have to be picked up off me when you or Regional rep sees me.

Any questions, please reply via e-mail only to

simon.evans2@ntlworld.com.

cheers

simon

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. NJR 100

Club:
    Deadline day!

I have emailed clubs / regions that have or have not applied for 2013/14 Bfta cards,

Details will be updated on BFTA forun Monday

3. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Sent you mine for Far Coley Simon, did you get the letter. Neil.

4. NJR 100

Club:
    Can you put all Bfta q's to me in E-mail please.

Thanks

5. NJR 100

Club:
    last orders

List of clubs that have applied as of 5th march for 2013 cards on Bfta forum

6. NJR 100

Club:
  7. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Still a lot of clubs

Simon,

Looking at the lists, there's a lot if clubs to sort this out yet still...

Berty

8. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Could filter it through the inters. Disallow shooters without bfta cards.

It would make sense though for the Nsra to provide the bfta with a list of insured clubs and for the bfta to synchronise cards with their renewal date as well as leaving a space for club membership renewal.

At the moment it blows a gaping hole on the point of it if a club isn't checked for renewal until months after the Nsra deadline and if no-one knows when a shooters club renewal is due. No good checking a club will renew for just 9 months especially if a member doesn't renew in April.

Simple solution. Card with blank areas for name, club, number, club insurance renewal date, club membership renewal date. Can be stamped by bfta or region for authentication or laminated. Saves the cost of personalised cards. Means expiry for insurance or membership can be checked at each shoot. Act of stamping by region or bfta gives opportunity to update the bfta record.

That way you don't have shooters turning up to shoots in feb no longer members of any club but with a valid bfta number which isn't picked up till April.

9. NJR 100

Club:
    2013/14 bfta cards do not come into effect until April 8th.

2012/13 cards are valid for 2013 inters.
    some years you get just over a year for your £3.50, sometimes a bit less. Easter's fault for moving?

10. RobF

Club:
    Are the persons who hold them valid to hold them though?

I'm not saying you should have to deal with it Si, but I think it should be dealt with. Then the card has some merit. Turn up, show card. If Club Insurance date or Membership Date expired, then either you can't shoot, or you have to shoot as a Guest. That way the burden falls on the clubs and shooters to sort their paperwork out, not the poor sod at the BFTA each year.

11. rich

rich Active Member

Maybe some clubs insure through other parties than the NSRA?

If it were my decision I would abandon the card as it is now, make the card price include the necessary cover for the individual at a BFTA event, and the individual has to apply for the card, not the club and not the region. Discuss. :)

12. CoolId

CoolId New Member

I know it won't be popular, but I too would prefer individual membership. It does however leave a problem for the clubs who would still have to insure their HFT and non-competitive members, and their guests

Regards

Dave

13. rich

rich Active Member

Ah, I don't mean that the BFTA card would buy you universal cover like say BASC or NSRA; it would ONLY buy you cover to shoot at BFTA events. Your club would still list you as a member and cover your activities at home and when on club sponsored events. If you want rough shoot cover then it's BASC or CA or NSRA etc.

So the amount of risk that the BFTA card underwriters - in this scenario - would be exposed to, is quite small. Only the time when you are at a BFTA sponsored shoot.

14. RobF

Club:
    Sure. Like my old club, CGC... insured by the NRA. Expiry date would then be April 1st.

The BFTA card isn't about cover at an event. That's covered by the host club insurance.

If you want individual membership then a process for decision making needs to be found. At the moment the regions serve this purpose. What purpose would individual membership serve?

15. rich

rich Active Member

If the host club's insurance covers the event then why does BFTA want to see a copy of the shooter's home club insurance? They should be demanding to see the certificate from the host club.

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice. :eek:

16. RobF

Club:
    Because I assume that they wish to ensure all clubs affiliated to the bfta regions are insured. Don't have an issue with that myself. It adds value to the brand so to speak that its a marque of some substance.

17. NJR 100

Club:
    List of Clubs that have applied for 2013/14 cards updated

Same for Clubs that I still have not heard from, who applied in 2012/13

18. CoolId

CoolId New Member

Hi Rich

I only shoot targets, and I don't have any issues with BFTA, Regions or Clubs. What's more I've nothing but respect for those who give up their time to run them - god knows I've given up enough of my life in that cause

But I personally do not agree with affiliated memberships, and would prefer a personal membership of BFTA with competition insurance for myself. Then if I ever were to have a dispute I could raise it myself, rather than having to convince a club rep to convince a regional rep to raise it on my behalf. I've seen that system destroy its own credibility too many times

I doubt I will live to see it though

Dave

19. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    It's quite simple really.
    EVERY club needs to have a current in date insurance certificate/document visible either on sign in desk or attached to a wall. If its not there the cant take place!
    Shooters signing in need to have their current club membership card with them to prove they are a member of a club, which is in a region affiliated to the BFTA. If not their score doesn't count!

20. rich

rich Active Member

Conor, I get all that. What I'm finding odd to follow is why the BFTA insists on seeing a copy of the shooter's home club's insurance. If it's the host club's insurance that provides the cover for the event, then that is the cover that ought to be checked beforehand.

Sending in a copy of my club's insurance certificate doesn't prove that I am a member of that club. It's only recently that NSRA has demanded to see a list of names of members at renewal time, and that isn't made available to third parties.

Don't get me wrong, my club is properly insured, I'm not looking for cheapskate solutions, I'm just examining the logic of the present situation.