Better say HI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ray Stewart, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart "The Pattern"

Club:
    Rochdale AGC
    Having been on this forum since October last year I thought I'd better get round to saying hello..I may have actually said hello when I joined but I can't remember!!:confused:

Names Ray.. I hail from Gods County (That's West Yorkshire for those that are unsure):p Halifax to be exact but I am now resident in the fair island of Tenerife in The Canaries:D
    The shooting opportunities aren't very good over here:( but when I go back to the UK I pick my AA S400K up from my brother in law and have a mooch round an old permission I have..I spoke to the landowner and he's happy to let me shoot there when I get back as long as I buzz him before hand!!:D

The decision to move over here wasn't too difficult especially as we missed out on all that snow earlier this year:)..formerly I was in HM Forces from 1971 to 1996..after that I was a truck driver for Eddie Stobart and I retired from that in 2007.. early I may add to spend a bit more time with my partner Dawn;)

As I say I shoot an AA S400k in .22.. coupled with a Hawke 3-9x40 MAP scope which does the job for me look forward to picking up some tips from all you HFT Boys

...............................Regards Ray Stewart.........................

2. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Hiya Ray welcome to the site mate.....I work for a DHL warehouse in Doncaster and Stobart has just taken over our logistics. Talking to the drivers it seems like he has quite a few ex forces lads working for him.

Dave

3. subaru swift

subaru swift Active Member

Club:
    Furnace mill, & Kingsley HFT
    hi and wecome mate....

4. Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart "The Pattern"

Club:
    Rochdale AGC
    Thanks for the welcome chaps...Yes Dave a lot of Ex Forces chaps with Uncle Eddie..I think it's because you spend so long being told what to do all day every day the solitude is nice in the cab on your own..You may find your job changes slightly if your involved with Eddies now!!???:p

5. D Martin

D Martin Non member

The warehouse is still owned by Unilever and run by DHL but yes you're right things have changed already as the logistics are managed differently to when Wincanton were doing things:rolleyes:

Dave

6. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

welcome on here too mate :cool: