Bestt 10m pistol

Discussion in 'Paper Punching' started by Kylenella, Jun 20, 2018.

1. steve1000

steve1000 Active Member

I've just started using a Sam k14, which I was lucky enough to have offered to me , very impressed with it, although parts are quite difficult to get, should it need any. So will probably end up with a Steyr or Walther

2. zooma

zooma Member

Club:
    Rossendale Model Target Club
    I shot a SAM K14 for a couple of years - great pistol and spares would be available from the UK importer or from a SAM supplying gunsmith such as Bob at Checkmate Guns who will also service and repair it for you if and when needed - so if you like the pistol and the price is right don't be afraid to buy it!
    You could also reassure yourself by contacting the importer and Checkmate to make sure that any spare parts that you may need will be available if you should need them - this would probably only be seals in any case and they will aways be available whether from SAM or a seal supplier!
    The UK importer for SAM is also the UK importer for Bennelli and Pardini too !

3. steve1000

steve1000 Active Member

Spoke to Bob and the spares are very difficult to get, but hopefully it wont need any for a while

4. zooma

zooma Member

Club:
    If anyone in the North West would like to try a Morini 162ie I have a 'spare" one fitted with a RINK med/large grip that can be shot on the RMTC 10 metre range any Tuesday or Thursday evening.

My plan is to sell this pistol sometime soon as I am saving up for the new AA FT rifle - but they are not due out until the end of the year and so there is no rush, and in the meantime I believe that airguns are better to be used to keep everything free and functioning well and it would give the opportunity for anyone who has not shot a Morini to have a go as it may help in the decision making process.

5. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    There are a few EU sites that you can access parts. I have an address in the Netherlands so can get my parts that way without the need to bother the UK Steyr rep.....i have helped one or two others get parts.

I have had a LP50 now for almost 14 years. it was serviced when i first bought it and has been spot on since, admittedly, i don't shoot it a lot but almost 14 years between a service isn't bad.

6. Ernie Goodman

Ernie Goodman New Member

Club:
    Glevum
    I am new to this discipline, and recently bought a Used Steyr LP50. I also have a Feinwerkbau P44. Both are superb pistols and can shoot way above my capabilities. Steyr are a pain to deal with? I recently bought spares off them a few months ago, and found them to be excellent. I needed another grip for the LP50, and wasn't sure which size would fiit best. They kindly sent three different grips to me, so as to try all sizes. After sorting one out, the others were returned and payment made. All I did was pay for the postage. Excellent people to deal with. I also think that grips are a massive influence on how we shoot, so, as I always altered the grips on my recurve bow, when I was a county archer, I have done the same on both of these excellent pistols, and have found that to be of benefit when shooting.

bootneckbob likes this.
  7. zooma

zooma Member

Club:
    Although I have sold the Morini 162ie that I had for sale, I still have a 162ie that I enjoy shooting and still rate it very highly. As a collector and target shooter for almost 50 years (!) I have slowly built a good collection of really nice match pistols and enjoy shooting them all.
    Most shooting clubs are closed now so the chance to try and test various types of match pistol will have to wait for a while, but when things return to "normal" I would still suggest that you try as many different types as you can before buying your first match pistol to see which one suites you the best.
    Which ever of the types you choose to buy from those mentioned on this thread, it will almost certainly be capable of performing at a level very few of us could ever exploit fully and all of them have been shot at international level by the worlds best air pistol shooters who have the talent to show what theses pistols can achieve.

Ernie Goodman likes this.
  8. Ernie Goodman

Ernie Goodman New Member

Club:
    Glevum

9. Ernie Goodman

Ernie Goodman New Member

Club:
    Glevum
    Agreed. The club I joined have a good set of lads, who chatted a lot about what was what, and gave the same sound advice given here. I think you have hit the nail on the head, when you say you have a nice collection, which you enjoy shooting. That's the whole thing about any competitive/lesisure sport we take up.If you stop enjoying it and become embroiled in buying the best equipment, to hopefully improve, and it doesn't happen, it's very easy to blame the equipment, and give unfavourable opinions. I wish I had taken this discipline up at an earlier age, as I have found it to be very enjoyable. Only been at it a few months, and being 69, it's the type of discipline open to all ages, albeit the price of the guns can be a tadge off putting. I can see why folks collect target pistols, as they are a work of art, and not only aesthetically nice, but extremely accurate in the right hands