HFT Best suppliers of AA pellets?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by KeithW, Apr 15, 2019.

1. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    I've just about used up the last of the 10,000 AA pellets I got for my TX a few years ago (I have several other rifle pellet combinations I've been shooting, hence making this batch last). So I'm now ready to start the process of batch selection again. Unless they've changed a lot, I'm happy sticking with AA.

Do we have recommendations as to preferred, co-operative suppliers, ideally those who will have large quantities of several batch numbers in stock and will actually check they have them before sending? I want to avoid going through the process and then being told, oh sorry, we're out of stock of that batch.

Previously I've been shooting 4.52, but I have to admit I've had times recently when they've fallen back out of the barrel as I've been closing it (although this might be due to some of a different batch getting mixed in - by me, idiot! - with my last tin. So I might test a batch or two of 4.53's just to be sure.

So then, recommendations? ...

2. Wheelieneilie

Wheelieneilie Active Member

Club:
    MAD
    Redbeck shooting supplies. When I was after AA die 10's a few years back I rang them and the lady, kindly went over to their warehouse to check and came back to tell me they had 200tins of one date and 200tins of another date. All die 10's. I order one tin of each, tried them and them bought 100 tins of the ones my gun liked the most. Way cheaper than other shops or AirArms themselves who we also checking their stocks for me and shocked to find someone with more pellets than they had.

3. gdavison

gdavison Active Member

Club:
    Basingstoke - BARPC & Bisley - BFTC
    I also had a good experience with JS Ramsbottom, emailed them to get a list of Dies and dates and they immediately came back with the options they had, Ordered 40 tins for myself and a friend, which came very quickly and very well packed. However they are showing Out of Stock of 4.52 AA pellets at the moment :oops:

4. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC, BGC