Best person in or around Essex regarding EV2 Mk4's

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Mr_Ed, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed The Lancashire Hotpot

Club:
    M.A.D
    As the title says, has anyone got any recommendations as regards the best person to approach with regards EV2 Mk4's ?

Having had one brand new one that went straight back to AA the following day after purchasing it, and the replacement now being away for over 3 weeks at AA for being over powered, i think its time i looked elsewhere than AA for servicing and tuning and getting rid of those bloody stupid AT's so i can at least set up what is supposed to be a brilliant bit of kit myself.

Missed 2 comps so far because of AA's and i'm just about on the verge of rejecting it as not marketable quality and asking for my money back unless i can find someone local and decent who knows their little idiosynchrosy's.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If all else fails, i might just have to contact Dop for a Steyr !!!!!

2. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston
    Dunno about round that area but barry taylor is the man up this way he sorted mine after air arms couldna do it.....best its ever shot the way he sets it up so economical on air so consistant and so accurate best its ever been well worth posting to him. He does things differently to convention which are an improvment..
    Pm me if you want his no

3. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed The Lancashire Hotpot

Club:
    M.A.D
    Cheers for that Dave... Have heard a lot of good things about Barry's work and someday "When" the EV Reg throws a wobler, i'll more than likely get Barry to have a gander. However, currently i'm just looking for someone more local to remove AT's and show me the important parts about stripping and maintaining it as is.

You'd think that Air Arms would have realised by now that the people who buy this rifle are not your run of the mill vermin hunters and as such are not interested in making them as powerful as possible, but instead making them as accurate as possible.

Someone once said to me "Its nearly impossible to improve on perfection"

And as i replied "Perfection it may be for some, but there's always room for improvement to suit the individual"

Cheers anyhow...

Anyone else have any suggestions for people in or around Essex ?

Steve

4. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    The the removal of the AT on an EV2 is a very simple operation, the grub screw underneath only makes small incremental changes, but enough to get it selttled comfortably within the legal limit, but not too low.

PM me and I can let you know. The AT can then be gently screwed back in and you dont even notice any change.

Tony