BEST FITTINGS DAY TRIPPER CYLINDER Review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by cocksure, Aug 21, 2017.

1. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

Have you ever been enjoying a perfect, gentle, Sunday at your club...casually shooting along the course when you realise you're low on air?

Then you notice you are right at the far end of the club and the car is 'miles' away!!
    Should you lug your gun all the way back to the motor, top it up then walk ALL the way back just to shoot the few last targets ( as you've not missed many today..)

Should you just shoot the last few off the reg, see how it goes? ( but risk ruining a good run of kills so far..)

Or you could just give up 'cause it's too far there and back....( a real poor end to a good round..)

Or should you get out your brand new 'Day Tripper' mini-cylinder from the long side pocket on a BSA gun bag in which it fits PERFECTLY!
    You know it has air in, because you just decanted air from your BIG cylinder direct into your 'Day Tripper' using the simple 'Quick connect' to do so?

You don't have a gauge on your gun, but that's OK because the 'Day Tripper' comes with a top class Wika gauge ensuring acurate readings +/- 1.6 %.......or without one, your choice!!!

It will fill a classic one and a half times, so loads for ANY gun top up, Steyr, whatever, NEVER walk back to the car again for an annoying last minute top up EVER AGAIN!
    I can see these becoming a very common sight on 'Comp shoots, once you see one you'll understand. It's very dinky, well made, and one of those things that you want once you've held one. Or once you've had to walk back to the car while Mr Smarty pants whips out his Day Tripper for a quick fill, still sat in the seated position, job done...without even leaving the lane, let alone the course!!! And without unscrewing anything!!

I used to like Simon, ( a pal ), but not now...flash git!! :)

2. bow

bow Glenn

Club:
    PARC
    Well advertised Tom. I could just picture you and Julie walking hand in hand to the shed at far end of Ponte. With your day tripper. Never thought for a moment it was Simon. You spoilt it for me.:rolleyes::)
    Sounds like a good idea. I', like lots of others have had that moment.
    How much is it going to cost me?
    Sold!!! to the man with the steyr.

3. rob bates

rob bates Member

Club:
    loughborough air gun club and redhill revolvers
    Hi tom did you get your day tripper with your best fittings voucher from the masters? Thats what i bought when i won my £100 voucher i just paid the extra. Even got free postage as well. Ive only used it a couple of times though it came in handy when a mother and daughter were sharing their aa s200 i just gave them a top up midway through the comp.

4. cocksure

I've spoken to Best Fitings and they've said for Glen the price ( including gauge ) is £145....but to anyone else it's.......yep, £145! Without gauge £125.

Rob, I spent some of the voucher on bits and pieces, then Simon Battye had the rest, put some cash and got himself the Day Tripper....hey share the wealth right? But if you've not used yours much you should sell it...TO ME! :)

Hope you get your bottom handed to you at Cock O north Rob! See you there! :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  5. mpr

mpr Member

Club:
    quarry hunters
    Think

Think goodness I like a walk

6. rob bates

rob bates Member

Club:
    Hi tom sorry bottle not for sale. It was a bargin for £45 lol. We are looking foward to popping up to emley again on sunday its going to be my 3rd time. Not sure what you ment with your last comment though

7. cocksure

I was just mentioning that I hope you shoot terribly at Cock O North this Sunday at Emley Moor :)
    'Cause I will be shooting for Emley, so they've a handicap already!!

All jokes aside though Rob, I hope you have a good one this weekend,see you there.:D

Tom and Julie

8. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    You are behind the times Tom, I made my own equivalent of the day tripper over 15 years ago using a Rapid bottle. :p

To be honest I only use it when hunting with my 410 carbine, and then it just goes in the dashboard of my old land rover defender.

Anyone can make their own if you can find a good condition Buddy bottle, but be careful and ask advice if high pressure is not your thing, there is still enough pressure to hurt someone.

9. rob bates

rob bates Member

Club:
    Thanks tom spoken to liam last night sounds like you have got a good course as usual but in a new place this time. He did give me a clue he said the target will be between 8 and 45 yards and no reducers closer than 13yrds. Which i thought was very good of him.

You also have a good one looks like its going to have a good turn out as there are some northern monkeys comming down as well.

10. cocksure

I really like that idea Dean, I shall have a good rustle through the next skip I come across...........( Thanks Deano) :)