Besonder Optisch

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by davyboy30, Nov 20, 2015.

1. davyboy30

davyboy30 Member

Club:
    Fareham Rifle & Pistol Club
    Does anybody know anything about Besonder Optisch scopes, in particular the 6-24x50 SFE? I have a silver one which was already mounted on a silver Steyr LG110 when I bought it, it's a good looking scope, has a 30mm tube, side focus, target type turrets (non locking) and an illuminated standard mildot reticle. The problem I am experiencing is that the eye relief is a bit fussy and not quite as flexible as most other scopes, if you don't get your eye in exactly the right position, you get the black edge tunnel effect. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar problems with these scopes.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. davyboy30

davyboy30 Member

Club:
    Sorry that should read standard mildot, not mildly, its now been edited out.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  3. davyboy30

davyboy30 Member

Club:
    Besonder Optisch scopes

Nobody? :( :(

4. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    afaik its a cheap chinese scope in the £60- £100 range when new. As with a lot of chinese scope sometimes you're lucky and get a "good" one :)

5. Shortshot

Shortshot New Member

Club:
    Kibworth Shooting Ground.
    I have had one sitting on my old S16s for 7yrs and has been a great scope, very well built, quality feel, I have had a fast focus wheel on it since new that works great, I think I paid sub £50 for it and what a bargain it has been, it is not overshadowed by my expensive scopes on my other guns. I think they were avoided by most shooters because they were so cheap, they're loss. I don't have a problem with eye relief and it used to be a great hunting scope and have used it successfully in competition (well for me anyway) and have had a lot of questions and enquiries about this expensive looking scope, it still gets queries when on the rare occasion I take my S16 to the range, some want to know where they can get one, sorry too late, I think they were only available for a couple of years. It may well be a Chinese Scope, this means nothing to me, it's a great scope and I am rare proud owner. :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  6. davyboy30

davyboy30 Member

Club:
    Yes, it seems a very well made scope, and has the functions of a much more expensive scope, although the eye relief on mine is a little tricky. I've read various articles about their origins, some claiming that they were in fact made by Zos, and one saying that they had been taken over by one of the big scope companies, Leupold, so I would be interested to know a bit more about their history.