Beanbag

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Strokebloke, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    I have been reliably informed that a member of StB sells circular beanbags for approx £30.
    Can some knowledgeable please tell me who this person is, so that I may contact them.

Thanks
    Jack

2. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    round bean bag

Kilty
    That's his user name Jack,you will need a good size bag of bean's to fill it. Barry McDonald in the real world .
    Simon

3. Bill Peat

Bill Peat TALLENTLESS PUMPERTEER

Club:
    PURLEY CHASE
    Jack make sure Ratty does not sell you a square one!

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Good

Kiltys bags are spot on . they are oversized insomuch as you will not fall off the edge as in some . they look good and are VERY strong ( like me ) . with an internal mesh bag and ventilation holes in so even if a large gent like Pieman ( very ) sits on em hard , they will not split . i have and still use the prototype that barry had made and still good . remember that you can only fill em to a depth where they wil go between a gap of 4 inches . which is good cos otherwise you would fall off em . when you get to a lane ( right handed ) whack the bag on your knee to bring most of the beans to the back . this gives your back the most support when you sit down and site the bag so as it is pointing at 45 degrees away from the target so as the rifle is supported on your left knee , pointing at the target ready to go . good tip here is to before shooting , put your rifle on the bag . step up to the line , pick up the strings , identify the targets in order you will shoot em . pull tight the strings and flick em up in the air to see any wind . remember standing you will feel wind in a wood that you won't sitting down . bisley will test your scope , cos it can be quite dark and the wind there is a bit sneaky beaky ??? HOLLY

5. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Heard from the Horse, via his Mouth Saturday that he has recently changed Jobs.
    Infact I hope his first day in the new one today is going well.

Not sure how many Bags Kilty will be able to get from now on, get em while you can?

6. Strokebloke

Strokebloke Mk3 Fanatic

Club:
    SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
    Thanks

Thank you, each & all.
    I'll contact Kilty today.

And for the preliminaries with the bag/string/wind etc, Holly, a special thanks.
    Simon has explained that you've managed to wriggle out of accompanying me in the morning session. Which is very understandable, though I was relishing the opportunity to traverse the course with the best looking guy at Bisley. Never mind. Another time maybe :D :D
    Simon has assured me that you probably will make your presence felt anyway.
    And I will, of course, follow your progress with interest, during the afternoon. :)

Once more, to each of you, I am in your debt.
    I'd better bring a beer kitty, hadn't I ?

Jack

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Tip

Just a small tip since i know now you are my age ? i have a shooting stick seat . you know the type with the handle that opens out to sit on . on a long course ( even longer if you have to listen to the piemans excuses ) it does help to take the weight of your feet when there are three to a lane . not expensive off flea bay ??? HOLLY
    PS you will recognise me as i carry a large bum bag around my shoulders . not as pieman put it ? " a bum with a bag " :p