BBC Breaking News - "Changes to national firearms licencing are recommended ...."

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Nov 2, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    BBC Breaking News : "Changes to national firearms licencing are recommended after review into Cumbria killing"

fingers crossed for us decent , honest hobbyist, collectors & HFT & FT shooters...

Any one get a sliver of info from BASC or from your club, as to what, how, and IF ANY laws, if this affects 12 ft/lb air rifles...please let us know on this thread.

Or, is this a dead herring regarding pcp's & airgun control ?

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Here's the actual article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11674725

Typical accuracy of investigation from the police especially given there's a "significant increase in handguns held for pest control"! Only got a few minutes so will have to disect this later, but I'd love to know where I can get a handgun from for pest control as do, I'm sure the Olympic pistol shooters!

3. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    i always thought pistols were allowed under special circumstances

there was a thread on the bbs in the firearms section asking about this from memory - I think what was said was if you are a 'professional deer hunter' for example you are allowed a pistol for humane dispatch if the deer is still alive when you go to retrieve it

its stuff like that, but I could be wrong. I will try and find it

EDIT:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353514&highlight=pistol+humane+dispatch

just search 'humane dispatch pistol' in the FAC section - loads of threads about having pistols

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  4. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    I was under the impression that pretty much only vets were allowed to use hand guns.

5. raygun

raygun Non member

You would probably find that quite a number of licences have been issued under "Personal protection" banners. Just as vets can get pistols and also for the humane dispatch of deer.
    BASC have been instrumental in overturning refusals for dispatch of injured deer.

It would be interesting to find out just how many FAC's are in existence for pistols.

ATB
    Ray.

6. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

I know you can have a pistol if your a Deer stalker , i know a few people with them. There not that difficult to get if you have an FAC and a good reason. Most are only two shot mind , i forget what caliber they are??

LAity