1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BASC or BASA?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Greenwing, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Greenwing

Greenwing New Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    My current shooting insurance will be running out soon but for reasons I'm not going to go into I'm looking to join a different organisation. I'm looking for a bit of advice on who would be the best to join.

I'm favouring BASC at the moment as they have done more to fight against the proposed "airgun ban" than anyone and for that reason alone I feel I owe them my support.
    but there's also BASA, which is exclusively for airguns and a good bit cheaper, but I can't find a website or any information other than a form to join them.
    Are there any other shooting organisations that represent airguns and offer insurance?

I'd like to stress that I don't want to start an fight between associations I'm just looking for some advice as I don't know that much about what each organisation does.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    For hunting i've always gone with BASC as they seemed quite on the ball and responsive. I just prefer to have things nailed down so I know i'm on solid ground in the field... that and your above reasoning and also more permissions know of the BASC.

For target stuff, i've gone with the NSRA.

3. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

BASC seem to be doing more than any of the others to fight for our sport.