BASC Airgun Survey

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Blackmax, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Blackmax

Blackmax New Member

Dear All,
    I urge you to complete the attached survey.

Just a bit of background, the GTA (Gun Trade Association) are in contact with the Home Office regarding semi-automatic airguns such as the Steyr. If they're declared prohibited and having drawn attention to the issue the next logical step will be to ban multi-shot airguns.

The GTA are one and the same who facilitated the introduction of AT (Anti-Tamper) which many of us didn't want, not a legal requirement but unwanted interference not supported by the majority of us.

The GTA have nothing to do with supporting what's interest of the average shooter whether you're FT, HFT, hunter or pinker, they have their own agenda.

If you value your sport, what it stands for and out right to enjoy it please complete the survey, you don't have to be a member.

BM

https://www.research.net/r/?sm=mcD4O4lcRhXurBzLQ655iSncdgEgL7K3hGwVO3KDbbA=

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Done - straightforward survey - please do your bit.

3. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Done/completed!:D

4. lcp

lcp Member

Hi, survey completed. Quick question how is the survey linked to the GTA and the semi auto ban?

5. raygun

raygun Non member

It's not directly.

You can however put in comments like "Get rid of AT", Sort out the SA problem where the Home office can't read their own HOC.", Representation at all levels" etc. Your comments will be noted by BASC.

ATB
    Ray.

6. ALBIONE

ALBIONE New Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON
    survey

survey done:rolleyes:

7. Doberman1979

Doberman1979 Not so senior member

Club:
    Emley
    Looks more like a sales pitch for BASC than owt?

8. raygun

raygun Non member

You don't have to put your contact details in. You can also decline any contact.

Sales pitch perhaps but you can still tell them what your concerns are.

ATB
    Ray.

9. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Filled in, but I dont see how this has to do with anything other than a BASC sales promotion.

I'm a full member anyway as I hold an SGC as well as shooting air rifles.:rolleyes:

I have asked them to promote Air rifles equally to other shooting pastimes as an efficient and safe form of pest control, as well as asking to promote FT and HFT as a positive form of safe and well managed sport, for people of all ages and abilities, or disabilities.

I would urge you all to fill it in though as I often feel that Air rifles are not always at the top of BASC's agenda.(not saying that they dont care) But at the end of the day they have to look after all countryside activities.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  10. still missin

still missin New Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    Got to agree with Dean and Simon on this, it seemed like a sales pitch, than a survey. Filled in anyway. Chick

11. David BASC

David BASC New Member

Hi all,

its not a sales pitch, its a survey to uncover if non members are aware of BASC and the airgun package, and to seek hw better we can get our message over and finally, and most importantly what airgunners want to see BASC delivering.

Thanks to all who have taken part

12. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thanks for the feedback and comments David.

I dont think enough air rifle shooters are perhaps aware of the threats to country sports as much as others forms of country pursuits. Perhaps a presence at a few of the major FT and HFT events would help.

I have helped at a few of the young shots air rifle days in the past but they are probably aimed more at families of shotgun shooters or agriculturally connected people. Maybe an approach direct to families of air rifle shooters would be another way of encouraging younger shooters and new supporters from a wider and varied background.

Dean.

13. LEE ST

LEE ST Member

Club:
    Pontefract ARC
    completed!:)

14. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    I think basc do put a bit back into the sport as the trophies are supplied by them at ukahft rounds & last year the Rivi round was sponsored by them. I'm an airgun member for the insurance more than anything but would like to see maybe a few more airgun related articles in the quarterly magazine? Not just hunting/vermin control but the whole spectrum from grass roots plinking to national & international competition.

15. raygun

raygun Non member

Good luck with the survey David.

Mind you, you may not need it now you've got the GTA spokesman on your side :D

ATB
    Ray.

16. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Done, always good to have a whinge:D

17. jackspratt

jackspratt Jack Spratt

Club:
    City of Stoke on Trent Rifle and Pistol Club
    Survey completed.

Surely it can't hurt anyone to do it whatever they think of the organisation?

There's a marketing opt-out right at the end, so just do it folks. If it helps - great, if not it's a few minutes lost.

Cheers!

John

18. David BASC

David BASC New Member

Thank you.

Ideas for articles in the mag very welcome

We do sponsor UKAHFT and BFTA competitions, and want to do more sponsorship within clubs, I am looking at setting up an inter club competition next year...we are looking at opening up more shooting opportunities for our airgun members, but need ot know what else airgunners want from BASC, so all feedback via the survey is welcome, or if you want you can email me directly with ideas at david.ilsley@basc.org.uk

thanks

David