Back from the dead :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wOoDsTeR, Dec 17, 2015.

1. wOoDsTeR

wOoDsTeR SNAKE BOY

Hi guys.

My real name is Graham Woodcock, I shot most of the UK rounds from late 2006 through to 2008 but had to sell up due to a split with my ex. I really enjoyed shooting and swore I would return once I was my life was back on track, and now is that time. Apart from R1 next year I will be shooting all the rounds and really can't wait to get back into it. I have gone back over to the darkside and brought a Daystate MK4 and it's having its first outing this coming Sunday when I re-join Lincoln.

Looking forward to seeing some of the old faces again :D

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Ay up Snake hips;)

3. mikeygasbag

mikeygasbag Member

Club:
    Fort Airgun Club
    Welcome back to HFT Graham. I'm sure you'll have fun.

Mike.

4. wOoDsTeR

wOoDsTeR SNAKE BOY

lol How you keeping buddy

5. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Bigger and fatter than usual, bothering cute furry tasty things more than tin chickens these days though. :)

6. matt goodson

matt goodson New Member

I stopped shooting and sold all but one rifle several years back after a break up, got shot of everything in my life including my house and went to new zealand.
    I came back after several months and started again. Best thing I ever did.

Still cant shoot for **** but lifes much better :)

7. wOoDsTeR

wOoDsTeR SNAKE BOY

Yes, seen the photos buddy and your a proper brick s**thouse now :eek:

At the time of my break up I thought life was over but as it turned out I had one lucky escape. Now everything is a bed of roses, no women will EVER put me in the place I was 8 years ago. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it

8. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Welcome back Woody, good to hear things are getting better for you.

I remember you camping at Emley;):D

9. wOoDsTeR

wOoDsTeR SNAKE BOY

Emmmm Well there will be none of that, not a drop over my lips in 6 years now. How you keeping mate, my son has just left as it happens, he still has the gun donated to him and wants to come with me to a few next year, only now hes not that little kid you gave it to, hes taller than me now :eek:

10. fredyninefingers

fredyninefingers Non member

11. wOoDsTeR

wOoDsTeR SNAKE BOY

And that means?

12. Where's Molly

Where's Molly Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    Oh grappa that's harsh my dad used to drink that... I tasted it once.....and only once!:eek:
    Jen

13. wOoDsTeR

wOoDsTeR SNAKE BOY

Right, time to clear this up and hopefully lay it to bed because this is coming back to bite me in the ..... all over the shop and it’s a time of my life I have overcome and want to forget!.

Yes, I had a very bad drink problem and one that nearly killed me. The last year of me shooting last time out I was going through a bad time with my ex partner who I have 3 children with, I knew she was up to no good but I couldn't prove it. I hit the bottle and god did I hit it hard and then when everything came out I was getting through around 2 litres of Whiskey a day!. It turned out she was having an affair with a copper of all people!, I have never EVER or ever would hit a women so I couldn't take my anger out on her, hitting a copper would be like hitting the whole police force and my life would of been a living hell so I hit the bottle even harder. Then, one Saturday night I went out on the town with my mates and ended up waking up in hospital the following morning to be told I had too much blood in my alcohol system! (Yes, that was the doctor’s words). I stopped breathing twice that night but to this day I don't remember a thing.

Then, when I got home I opened my front door to find only a computer chair and a single bed, she had cleared the whole house out and took my 3 kids with her. My head was mush for that last year of me shooting, a few of my close friends knew my problems at the time but to the rest of my shooting buddies I put a brave face on, it was not something I wanted to be public knowledge at the time. So while it was not an excuse for me to be drinking, it was a good reason to drink because it helped me to forget at the time.

But then I met one of the most understanding caring women I have ever known, she helped me through my bad times, gave me 2 more beautiful children and a reason to get off the crap and get my life back on track. Its been over 6 years now since I last had a drink, I ain't even had a pint let alone any whiskey or even felt like I've wanted to drink so until I give anyone reason to think I have been drinking can we just lay this to bed and leave it where I did 6 years ago......In my past!.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  14. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    AA route planner

The journey of life can't be googled as there are too many forks in the road, it sounds as if you've made some good choices and found a happy place.
    Credit to you , enjoy your comeback and all the best to you and your new family.
    Simon

15. wOoDsTeR

wOoDsTeR SNAKE BOY

Thanks buddy

16. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I'm good thanks Woody, be nice to see your mug on the circuit again.

17. wOoDsTeR

wOoDsTeR SNAKE BOY

Good. And yes, its going to be great to get back into it. The gun has its first outing at Lincoln this Sunday, I can't wait, I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. And the bonus this time round is my back yard is that big I could host a UK round in it so I have the full 45 yards to practice :cool:

18. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Nice to see you back and well SplinterDick. :D

19. wOoDsTeR

wOoDsTeR SNAKE BOY

Lord Timbertool to you :lev