Back for good this time

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Barry, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    I had a bit of bad news on the health front recently, nothing terminal, but enough to lose me my job and, at my age, I'm not going to get another easily. So I've decided to take a break until this health thing is resolved. Hopefully, it'll be within a year.............

So...having 'retired', I've spent some of my pension lump sum on new toys, I have time on my hands and intend to practice much and then more. I have to thank a board member on here for selling me his pride and joy, I won't mention his name, he'll comment if he wishes. However, very many thanks for a very easy deal to a thoroughly nice chap :)

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in next years GP series, I'm going to all of them, health permitting. I'm also shooting as many SEFTA winter league shoots as I can manage as an individual entrant this coming season.

See you there :)

Oh, yes. I have an FTP900 and a Leopold PR 20-50 and it's the absolute bollocks :D

Cheers
    Barry

2. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Best wishes and hope our paths cross

Barry,

Just wanted to say best wishes on your early retirement "project", hope the root cuase gets sorted.

I am new to all this as well and no spring chicken so hopefully we can learn together, maybe do battle in Grade C or what ever.

See you in the "butts" one day!
    kr
    John

3. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    Hi John, thanks for the good wishes. I wish I were new to it all. I've been arseing around FT for maybe ten years on and off (I've still only managed B grade, and I mean 'only' in an 'only just' way) :rolleyes:

This time I mean it though ;) See you soon for that 'battle'

Cheers
    Barry

4. suds

suds Senior member

Club:
    Wendover ARC
    HI

Hello Barry, I did not realise that you lost your job through illness, hope all goes well in your recovery. it was a pleasure meeting you. ATB ,Dave P

5. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Barry

Apologies misunderstood, (should have read the title) the clue is in the word Back!

Still hope to cross swords when I am good enough. I am only 10 months in and just about to start competing in the SW series. Wish I had found it 10 years back, ever so slightly adictive.

Only competed in LSR, turning target and precision rifle at the mo.

The formula 1 of shooting has taken some time to get to grips with. Taken awhile to get the sitting, kneeling sorted enough not to make a fool of myself.
    kr
    John

6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Read

Just read this barry . so you bought the out fit . well done . bazza warren tells me you are doing well with it too . good luck in the winter league . there is nothin like top kit to bring the best out in you FT wise ??? HOLLY

7. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    Cheers Holly and thanks for all the advice in pm. It's certainly a confidence booster :)

8. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Well

Well barry , there are no excuses now you have a top quality outfit . shall keep an eye out for you in the SEFTA results page . cheers HOLLY:)

9. nat

nat Member

He'll be taking names and kicking a** soon :)

Good to have you back!