Atherton Indoor Range

Discussion in 'North West England' started by Shewolf, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    Atherton Indoor Range (AIR) has just gone through a change in ownership and management.

The range is 42 yards, with a 10 metre pistol range. We have many targets (spinners, bells, sound reactive) as well as paper targets at varying distances, perfect for zeroing your gun. Prone position shooting is available. We have something for everyone, whether you are a serious shooter or just fancy a bit of plinking.

We are at 1st floor Victoria Mill, Bolton Old Road, Atherton, Greater Manchester, M46 9JQ.

Could an admin please help me to put the club on the club maps? I am unsure of how to do this, Thanks!

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Will do. Any contact details to go alongside?

3. ajtone

ajtone New Member

has this got anything to with dukinfield airgun club possibly losing there range due to the demolition

of the building they are in??

4. speed

speed jamie

Club:
    emley moor ftc
    any opening times?

5. Steve

Steve Member

Mon closed
    Tue closed
    Wed 2pm-9pm
    Thur 2pm-9pm
    Fri 12pm-9pm
    Sat 9am-5pm
    Sun 9am-5pm

6. speed

speed jamie

Club:
    emley moor ftc
    i have to venture up towards the end of nxt week to drop something off so i will pop upstairs for a shoot :)

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Added......

8. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Chris Guy & I are popping up this Friday, looking at the weather today it might be a good idea :)

Mark

9. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Travelled across yesterday and was suitably impressed enough to go again.

It looks like there are plans to improve it and build it into a nice little venue with lots of work going on.
    Owners are very helpful and you get a good cuppa too, although the first one I managed to sit on! Doh!

Its 42 yards to the back wall, but shooting across diagonally you can just get 45 yards.
    Its very strange shooting with no wind at all, and surprising to see 3 or 4 pellets landing in the same hole at 42 yards. I mounted my scope and zeroed it in a five minutes flat, very useful.

One major problem, its 82 miles each way for me!! I will combine it occasionally with trips to see the daughter in Manchester and a bit of testing/setting up at the indoor range. Oh yeah free air fills and some late night closing times a few days a week.

10. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC

Chris Guy & I enjoyed the visit aswell, it was a good day out meeting up with you & others, very strange shooting with no wind lol.

I think when all they have planned comes together they are on to a winner, may take a month but should be good.

Chatting on the way back Chris & we thought of maybe 3 things we would like to see...... pellet stop on the back wall, can't see wall holding up to punishment in the long run - range markers out every 5 yards - & tint the windows to the back of the shooters, on a sunny day like Friday the sun shines into the scope & negatively effect image. I think the chances are the new owners probly all ready have these planned to do since they have there heads screwed on.

Certainly look forward to going back again.

Mark

11. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Me and Jamie went today..not a bad place for plinking and of course getting a good zero, after much plinking..we decided to have a one shot shoot off...here's mine at 30 yards, not bad for an R10:D

Attached Files:

12. strangefroot

strangefroot Member

Ayup lee didn't know that bsa did them R10'sin .25.

13. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Nah it's .177 mark lol..target is only 2" square:D..

14. Shewolf

Shewolf New Member

Club:
    Atherton Indoor Range
    Hi guys, thank you for the comments, it's much appreciated!
    We will of course be considering any constructive comments seriously and positivly, as it is our airm to constantly be improving the shooting experience at the range.
    As most people will be aware, the take over of the range was very sudden and unplanned, so as you can imagine it has been a crazy few weeks! The range is a work in progress, it will take some time to complete all of the changes that we are making. We are doing the majority of the work ourselves and fitting it between our work and range opening times can be tricky! We are constantly progressing forward and all of our plans are falling into place.
    We do have a new contact number which is 07745278372. This number is available during open hours and is for calls only, texts will not be answered. We also have an official Facebook Page where more detailed information about the changes can be found in the about section. This is also where updates, news, special offers and events will be advertised. https://www.facebook.com/#!/airgun.indoor.range