Are JSR Ramsbottom scopes True Mil Dot

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Bernie, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Bernie

Bernie Love to Bracket

Club:
    GuiseleyFTC
    Im thinking of getting either the JSR Ramsbottom Target Pro 4-16x44 or the 6-24x44 Target Pro scope, and wondered if they are True Mil Dot or True Mil Dot at 10x mag.

2. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    As they're variable mag they're pretty much bound to be "true" at one point in the range. The question is which one, and it's best to find that out by experimentation rather than relying on the manufacturer's data. Apparently many scopes don't have accurate mag numbers in any case.

3. Garagefairy

Garagefairy New Member

I use a 4-16 model. I have never woried about whether or not the dots are 'true' or not. I zero at my selected range then simply produce a chart of aim points for different ranges. The actual points agree well with those given by Chairgun except at close range (8 - 10 yds) when the actual and Chairgun predictions differ a little.
    Regards, Gf

4. Bernie

Bernie Love to Bracket

Club:
    GuiseleyFTC
    Yer its ok now, as i downloaded and printed out those Brian Samson range cards, and put them out at chosen ranges, i then matched my scopes mil dots up to the ones printed out, and they matched up at 10x mag, i can now match them up to my bracket card to work out my ranges now.