1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AR4 Ripley

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by RiffRaff, Sep 13, 2010.

1. RiffRaff

RiffRaff New Member

Club:
    West Hull Pistol & Rifle Club
    hey guys i have a AR4 ripley
    and at the moment it seems to be be very up an down from shot to shot, shot at ponti on sunday anit just wasnt right. im not the best shot but i never miss a plate an yesterday missed a few all dropped well short like it was down on air. i charged it to 190bar an had a plink then recharged it for the comp. but it just dint sound right it didnt crack like it used to.any way ran it over the chrono 20shots then recharge from 155ish to 190ish then another 20 shots an it was up an down like hell lowest was 575fps higest was 799fps for first 20 string then 648fps an 793fps for 20 string.was thinking of posting full shot string but cant be assed. so now im thinking the regg might be fubar? i cant hear any leaks and a balloon over the fill conection an over the barrel dint fill with air when left over night.so im assuming it aint leaking, so anyone got any ideas

thanks
    Niel

2. flintlock

flintlock New Member

Club:
    Purleychase
    Hi,
    I've a Ar4 And Ar5s and have never experienced variations like you've quoted. It does seem as if your reg. has gone kaput. Why not give Steve at Ripley Rifles a call, after all it was either him or his father that built it. From memory the last time I had a full service done on the Ar4 it cost £150.
    Regards

3. Jon

Jon Member

Not sure but think Ripley dont repair the older ones but stand to be corrected.
    Common problem on them its the shut off valve in the reg.

Better off sending to ISP in Bloxwich.

4. RiffRaff

RiffRaff New Member

Club:
    West Hull Pistol & Rifle Club
    must have been my lucky day rang ripley today an got through an they still service the AR4 now got it all wrapped up ready to go an get sorted