AR20 FT I bought one Surrey Guns :)

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by windchime1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. windchime1

windchime1 New Member

Now the proud owner of a AR20 FT as a back up for my Dominator its lovely have not shot it yet and a snip at £620 they have 2 left I,m told :):shot:

2. windchime1

windchime1 New Member

Surrey Guns Joint Walther importer

as above announced last week very keen pricing saved £40.00 on my AR20:)

3. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

Well get it shot and give us a review, can't wait to see what these are like for that type of money.

4. windchime1

windchime1 New Member

Review

The cocking of :)tstaight pull takes getting used to as used to a S/L on a steyr but that said it shoots like a dream boosted my confidence as I,m not a fantastic shot but the overall balance when scoped is very good and it was making 11.3ft llb very respectable.

A silencer adaptor would be nice sure one will come in time.

I have owned an EV2 and a Steyr and would sate that neither is worth £400 more than the AR20 at HFT/FT level in short its a keeper and the service I got from Pete Friend at Surrey Guns was 1st Class he kept me informed on the guns arrival in the UK no BS like many other dealers.

David at SG is also a cracking bloke very helpful hes the Trade Manager they have a customer for life.

THOSE on a budget will not regret buying an AR20.

5. MojoCrow

MojoCrow New Member

The new version of the Umarex website (currently the german version only) has the AR20 manual online here. It might be useful for anyone thinking about buying one.

However if anyone can explain to me the clean, clinical germanic thinking behind the CR20 (aka the CO2 version of the AR20). A CO2 based match style target rifle.... I sell airguns for a living and I just don't get it.:confused: Maybe I'm getting old.

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Yeah but you sell guns in Sussex ;) How many Webley MK1's have you flogged this week? :p:p:p:D:D

7. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I had a go with one over course of last Saturday afternoon, they're definitely built to a price, however if I was buying a pure target gun for about the £600 mark, I can't see anything else as an alternative.

8. MojoCrow

MojoCrow New Member

I work in Polegate, trust me on this; They're still waiting for that newfangled invention called fire.:p:D

Anyway, what with the number of collectors in Sussex I've yet to see any Webley mk.1's apart from in magazines or books.

How long before we see the first custom stock made for the AR20?

9. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

By the pictures i've seen, is the breech block plastic? I know the rear butt section is but is the breech!
    How sturdy is the ally, is it quite thin, would it wear too much against the peg in HFT? Does the anodised finish look like it will mark easily.
    Any close up pictures you could put on, what type of groupings are you getting? and finally, IS IT REG'D??

Any more info more than welcome. Mark

10. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    thing is, even if it's not regged, a bottle that size should give quite a nice sweet spot.

be nice to see one in the flesh...