Apologies from Carisbrooke.

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by AndyIoW, Oct 7, 2012.

1. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Winter League Round 1.

On behalf of Carisbrooke club I would like to apologise for the shoot today as, in mine and the clubs, the standards fell short of what should be expected at a Winter League shoot. Despite months of planning Murphy's law went all over the shoot.

There were, and being brutally honest, far to many whistles for a days shooting which should have been enjoyable but turned out to be a slog. These were in the end down to three targets. So reviewing the day 1 was due to the ground significantly softening over night due to the rainfall Friday evening filtering down.

The other two were actual targets. It seems that the 15mm sparrows seem to have operation issues and for future shoots we are not going to use them.

So again on behalf of the club, I apologise for a below par Winter Shoot

Andy
    Carisbrooke AGC - Chairman.

2. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!
    From a personal aspect, thanks Andy for coming on here to offer your apologies etc.

We all know you guys attend the majority of the CSFTA W-L shoots and that is why a lot of the region members like to support you, and with a 40+ attendance level today that must be getting on for an IOW winter league record..!?

But yes, I believe people may have left slightly frustrated today with the amount of whistles and the few questionable course targets.

On a positive note it was great to see so many faces at the shoot and congratulations to Dave Purcell who I think shot a 'PB' by only missing x1 target and Steve P on usual top form also dropping x1.

Roll on North Oxon! :D

Atb,
    Justin

3. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

I think as a hosting club you have a responsibility to try and put on a good shoot.We left at 5.30 this morning to come and support you, with the cost of fuel and the ferry made it a mistake I wouldnt be looking to repeat.Targets that didnt work and endless stoppages made for a miserable day.Perhaps more time setting the course and less time on here telling us about it would help.

4. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

We, as a club, have held a number of Winter League rounds and so know what should be expected and which should have gone with much fewer interruptions. We do check everything before hand in the weeks coming up to the event but, and I am sure we are not the only club, gremlins can and will creep in.

We are probably the most isolated of the regions clubs but support all other clubs in the region that hold Winter League rounds by coming to their grounds and have done so for 6 years.

As chairman I could have said nothing but felt that 'our' standard was poor and felt that a public apology was necessary for all those that did turn up.

Yes Woody it was a record for an Island event which is what has heaped even more embrassment to the club for the course standard.

5. MickWin

MickWin New Member

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers FTC
    To all at Carisbrooke,
    Sh*t happens, even if you think all's covered ! I thoroughly enjoyed the course today despite the stoppages, always intresting lanes, and the oil drum targets are some I look forward to shooting each year, love the noise and water spurts. A BIG thanks to your members who came to our ground a couple of weeks ago DESPITE the torrential rain all day to shoot our final Summer league round. See you all at North Oxon I hope, all the best,
    Mick W.