Anyone with a Plasma cutter local to Barnsley?...also target ideas?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by chrisc, Dec 14, 2010.

1. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I'm wanting to turn some knockover rook and rabbit targets into something a bit more interesting for the HFT shoots. I know i can hire a plasma cutter that will easily do 3mm steel but dont have access to an air supply.

I have plenty of rook and rabbit targets that i can use so additional help in thinking up some amusing/unusual/different shapes would be really helpful....just bear in mind that the kill will be in the same place as a standard rook/rabbit target so only the face plate can be re-worked.

I await the collective wisdom and imagination of STB:D

for the clever ones out there please email any designs to me and there will be an alcohol related incentive for the winner.

2. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

I have a Brevil snack and sandwich maker if that's any good to you mate??

LAity

3. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Chris I'm sure you could do what you want with an angle grinder and permanant marker. I'll have a think of some idea's, how about a cider bottle? I could provide a shed load of labels to keep the authenticity!

4. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

hi chris, not local but i do have a laser which is perfect for targets, far better than plasma, if you can sketch it i can cut it;)

5. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Blimey.....dr Evil or what;). Do you mind if i ask where you got it from Stu and how much?

6. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

pm sent chris

7. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    chris would it be better altering the size of kills and altering the height of kills(cut and shut etc)making harder to range find on plates etc,moving the height of kills etc,my mate has all the kit to do it matey

8. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

You're almost there Chris. I've contacted knockover to obtain 30 x 35mm kills for the HFT season (evil smiley) but would like to shape maybe a dozen into something a bit more interesting then the normal target shapes. Like you say, chop some down a bit to make them a bottom twitcher at the longer ranges.

9. raisedbybrocks

raisedbybrocks Member

Laser cutting

Hello Chris. I think Laser cutting is worth looking into for you as its less messy, accurate. Therefore less preparation before assembly. There are many large companies that do not charge to make a cad file from your paper drawing. Design the parts on paper. Scan and send to the laser cutters. Get the parts sent to your door. ;)
    opps there you go Whizzer has already sorted you. As a blacksmith laser would be my choice for a cleaner result. Therefore less elbow grease.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  10. raisedbybrocks

raisedbybrocks Member

Pm me your e-mail Chris I've done a couple of silly ones.:)