Anyone tried Daystate FT Heavies in an EV2Mk4 ?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Mr_Ed, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed The Lancashire Hotpot

Club:
    M.A.D
    As the title says, i've got lots of these for my BSA's and they seem to run great, but having just bought an EV2 Mk4 i was wondering if anyones tried them in theirs yet ?

Just looking for a little feedback if possible as none of the search's sem to come up with any hits.

Steve Ed

2. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Steve, i have tried the heavies in a variety of conditions using several barrels with different twist rates, the EV barrels i have measure 16.5" twist which is faster than your 18" twist bsa barrels, this in itself wont cause accuracy issues in still air and light winds but the EV barrel is a bit fast for these pellets in a strong wind, you will suffer from the Magnus effect which will create an elevation change as the pellet takes wind.

3. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed The Lancashire Hotpot

Club:
    M.A.D
    Cheers Simon for that.

I've found worse problems than Magnus effect though.

I was down Pete's last night trying a number of different pellets through the EV, and true to form, its best described as a tac driver, even in my hands.

Once taken outside in a light breeze, a whole different picture evolved. I think its fair to say that the EV is a thoroughbred target rifle for still conditions.

I also found that the best groupings were with Exact 4.53's (which is very handy) and velocity had a spread of 5fps with weighed pellets. Now thats impressive. I only hope the regulator holds out as i've heard quite a few stories about them.

No doubt i'll get a chance to chat with you at length over the coming weekend unless you're staying in a B & B style tent. Bring your lathe, drill press and a large hammer with you and i'll bring some weird concoction or other to lubricate the throat