Any UK FT (or HFT) matches on Aug 17th or 18th?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Scott Hull, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Scott Hull

Scott Hull Member

Club:
    SLSBA/Morro Bay
    I was planning on touring through Wales for a week with my wife after the 2019 WFTF World match. But circumstances have changed and she won't be along. I'll now have a block of time alone in the days after the match. Considering the effort/expense to get myself and my airgun over there, I decided to make the most of the experience.

Any clubs in Wales or England having an FT match on Aug 17th or 18th, that allow non-members to participate? Though I've never shot a "real" HFT match before, I'm open to HFT as well as FT.

BTW: I'm from the USA (California).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. Evo

Evo SCOUSER and top wheel nicker

Club:
    ByleyFTC, the Dib,Blackbrook
    hi scott, there is a midland FT competition on at harriers FTC on the 18th August which is in the midlands and there is also a competition also on 18th aug at Byley field target club, both are very tricky grounds and very enjoyable, both are 40 target competitions

dont know how long your staying but your welcome to come to the wirral for a tour of the city of liverpool

3. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard FT: You Give, You take! Staff Member

Club:
    West Devon ftc
    Hi Scott

A couple of the Welsh grounds have courses out for practice.
    I'm sure you would be welcome to visit.
    Pm me if interested in visiting Oaktree ( 40 and 50 shot courses)

Harriers is a good choice for Aug 18.
    Probably be there myself?

4. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

If you fancy lying down there are two rounds of our UKAHFT National series, Furnace Mill on the 17th and Nomads on the 18th.

Contact @Sparky for more information.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Matty likes this.
  5. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl It's all about the enthusiasm!

Club:
    Paint chipping for Air Arms, Ireland, Kingsley & Anston.
    Hi Scott.

You've got some good options outlined above.

If you decide to shoot HFT check the rules on equipment as your FT rig may not be suitable.

pbrown likes this.
  6. Scott Hull

Scott Hull Member

Club:
    SLSBA/Morro Bay
    I will. My rig is fairly basic. So I think it will be OK for HFT (though not optimal).

7. stillwater

stillwater Well-Known Member

Club:
    Misfits
    If you fancy a go at HFT and come along to the UK rounds, I would be more than happy to sort you out with a rifle for the weekend if your FT rig isn’t up to HFT.

Rotherham Owl and pbrown like this.
  8. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl It's all about the enthusiasm!

Club:
    Paint chipping for Air Arms, Ireland, Kingsley & Anston.
    What rig are you using Scott?

9. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Blackbrook FTC will be open Scott

10. Scott Hull

Scott Hull Member

Club:
    SLSBA/Morro Bay
    Diana Skyhawk.

No riser, no butthook. 24x ffp scope, so holdovers will still be the same (I don't click). I can turn it down to ~10x and tape the wheel in that position.

11. Scott Hull

Scott Hull Member

Club:
    SLSBA/Morro Bay
    I plan on shooting Blackbrook on Aug 3rd and/or 4th.

12. Lavant_Lad

Lavant_Lad Old Git.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC. & Steve Smith's Dinnington.
    Hi Scott, Emley Moor FTC near Wakefield have a Summer Shoot on Sunday 18th August £5 to enter.
    Very tough 40 target course, well worth a visit if in the area, you are very welcome.

13. Scott Hull

Scott Hull Member

Club:
    SLSBA/Morro Bay
    Emley Moor is more North than I planned. I had the pleasure of shooting with Emley Moor member, Steve Grimshaw yesterday and today at the 2019 WFTF match. I got an Emley Moor patch from him.

rubi-tong, pbrown and Lavant_Lad like this.
  14. DaveF

DaveF Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    Hi Scott harriers FT and furnace mill and nomads HFT nationals are all very close to each other a 10 mile radius. you could do furnace mill 17th harriers or nomads 18. Furnace mill is open 7 days a week great venue plinking range and HFT course. you would have to contact sparky if you wanted to shoot in national comp though. Furnace mill range and practice course just turn up and pay

15. Scott Hull

Scott Hull Member

Club:
    SLSBA/Morro Bay
    I decided that will be it. Furnace Mill on the 17th, and Nomads on the 18th. I contacted sparky and it's arranged.

Bensile and pbrown like this.
  16. DaveF

DaveF Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    Hi Scott I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. Don’t know if your staying in hotels or what but there will be free camping at nomads Saturday night. And Bewdley just 10 mins from furnace mill is very nice on river 7 restaurants pubs and great fish and chips right on the river well worth a visit before going to nomads

17. Scott Hull

Scott Hull Member

Club:
    SLSBA/Morro Bay
    On my drive north today, I located the Nomads HFT gate and Furnace Mill. Furnace Mill was open and Jane showed me the plinking/sight-in range. Starting tomorrow, I plan on checking out the Wirral for a day or two. Then maybe head back closer to Furnace Mill.

For this coming Furnace Mill match, I can book a room near someones home and carpool with them to the range and back. Anyone in session 2 interested? After the match, I'll buy you a beer and/or dinner.

It would ease parking at the range and it would also keep me from having to navigate these narrow roads. I'm not wired for it, so it is stressful.

18. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Emley is 1 hr 40 from the Worlds venue. I got home to 20 miles north of there in 1.50 yesterday

Lavant_Lad likes this.
  19. DaveF

DaveF Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    The George hotel in bewdley has rooms it’s only 10 mins from furnace mill I’m shure some one passing could pick you up on route. I’m shooting morning session and have to leave straight after I finish or I would pick you up drop you off. If you go to FM from the A4117 the narrow road stretch in only about a half a Mile long and it’s rare you meet traffic coming the other way. you should get there well before session 1 finishes

20. Scott Hull

Scott Hull Member

Club:
    SLSBA/Morro Bay
    I shot my first World WFTF match last week and finished mid pack. It was a great experience. I shot my first UKHFT match today at Furnace Mill and shot a 43/60. Only one zero (slipped down peg when I pulled trigger). Parallax error on close and far shots was horrible with this scope. I had enough fun that I plan on shooting one more HFT match tomorrow at Nomads. I may not get the opportunity again. When I get back home, I'll will be shooting AAFTA Hunter Division FT (its more like FT, than it is HFT).

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019 at 8:47 PM
    pbrown likes this.