Any tips on how to ask for permission?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by CameronWilson, May 30, 2012.

1. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    Hi Guys,

Do any of you have any tips you can share on approaching a land owner and asking for permission?

Cheers,

Cam.

2. blue dragon

blue dragon Member

Club:
    Rivington riflemen
    put your hand up and say please
    atb steve

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    put your hand up with lots of money in it?

Just ask, be ploite. accept landowners terms.

Show your insured etc.

Suggest you can help with pest control?

4. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston FTC
    From my experience avoid the poor farmers with 2 audi q7s on the driveway guarded by electric gates and security cameras.... Try and find a genuine poor farmer there more likley to be down to earth i struggled to find one tbh good luck

5. Tye

Tye Shabba

Club:
    Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC
    I've got a permission form I can send to you as stated another help is doing a general cv with your shooting background ie licences held shotgun and firearms. I also would suggest payment does often speed things up but it's important to have some kind of written contract agreement helps if you get stopped by member of public or a call out from local bobby.

6. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    Thanks for the advice, guys!

7. maestro

maestro European Champion 2018

Club:
    East Devon
    I've got a written permit from the farmer which states that we (name, adress etc) may shoot on the marked lands with our non-fac rifles (make, model, serial-nr etc), and there is an attachment (a printed Google Satellite view) where the farmer put big X-es on the fields where we can shoot. He only asked us to ask him every time before shooting, because the animals may be on different fields.

It's advised to have the permit not only for the field where you actually shoot but for the field beyond, because pellets must not leave the permitted field and hedges are not proper bullet-cathers, but if you have got the licence for the next field as well, then no problem if you miss the plate... Get a good detailed tourists' map and locate the public footpaths because they may cross the fields sometimes without any visible signs.

Read the laws carefully, for example you also need a licence to trespass the lands to the shooting ground if they are private property, armed trespassing is a crime and you're gonna go to the prison! You don't need permit for trespassing on public places like public footpaths and roads but the rifle has to be in the case. You can't shoot within 50 feet from any public paths and road etc, so be careful where and in which direction you shoot.

8. maestro

maestro European Champion 2018

Club:
    East Devon
    P.S. And it's advised to have the farmer's mobile phone number if the police or anybody else asks you what you're doing there.

9. strangefroot

strangefroot Member

Try dinner chocolates & a tube of K.Y. always worx for me ;)

10. CAC

CAC Member

Do your teeth not slide off the chocs ???