any interest in a fun postal comp?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by john0neuk, Dec 19, 2015.

1. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Guys

I have been following Sergey's videos on here (GreySaint). One took my fancy so will pose the question.

Anyone interested in doing a UK version of Bench rest FT?

I will volunteer to do the admin - receive posted shot and self marked cards. I will post league results on here.

4 leagues following standard grades
    AA
    A
    B
    C

Leagues assigned for first time by total of first 4 cards submitted.

If it lasts more than a season top 3 in each grade promoted and bottom 3 demoted.

The UKBR22 target is freely available to download I believe and puts 25 shots per card - two cards per round and say 5 rounds 1 per month starting January. Standard scoring 10x for hitting pip and any cut ring takes lower score.

Suggest that it can be shot indoors or out your choice at 25 yards/20m sitting on cushion using your standard FT kit.

Please remember it will only be for fun!! So any interest out there??

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    It looks like fun, where do you download the targets from? I did a quick search for UKBR22 targets and didn't turn up a link?

I take it they're printed on A3 paper?

3. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    this is the one I was thinking got it off the world BR site

Click on the thumb nail and it downloads a PDF - yes A3 - bigger the better for me:eek:o

Attached Files:

4. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

Is it just shooting off the bag or is it 3 position too. ie kneeling then standing?

5. rich

rich Active Member

John, there is a bench rest league run by Devon County SBRA for I think £2 a head entry fee and you don't need to live in Devon to take part.

Ten rounds at fortnightly intervals and two cards of ten shots each constitute a round.

Here's one I made earlier.....:eek:

http://i.imgur.com/O3j0qBt.jpg

6. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    You can get the targets from Robb Harrison who helps run the UKBR22 forum and you can enter their 25 yd or mtr postal comps. They run winter and summer comps ,think monthly, shoot them send em in, John marks with a .22 gauge .
    I would be interested in the BR FT John, I hope it taken up.

Regards Gordon.

7. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Guys

Thanks I already do standard BR postal and have for a couple of years. This is a fun diversion and in the hope to improve my sitting position and hold for the coming FT season. Yes I know it will never replace proper FT, but I am hoping it will help!

It is just a bit of fun, for FT guys to hone their skills and make practice a bit more fun by comparing scores and hopefully seeing an improvement over the 5 months.

I took onboard Neil's comments re the kneeling etc. So this is just sitting down on a cushion with standard kit firing at small targets for a bit of a laugh.

I am happy to do the admin if I can get enough people wanting to give it a go.

Have a look at Sergeys (Greysaints) vid on here re FT BR - he also does a 4 position version but I am going just for the sitting. If it helped him keep honed over their long winters in Russia and enabled him to win the world FT championship then I am happy to give it a go!

Kr
    John

8. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Hi
    I am going just for the sitting on this if it gets taken up at the moment, reason being my LSR 20m shooting does me well for the standing technique.
    Kneeling could be accommodated by say shooting disc 10,20,30,40 and 50 over the 2 cards as kneelers or something - but lets see if there is any interest in the concept and will open it to the guys to help shape what it finally looks like. :lev

9. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

I may be wrong but i think you'll get more intrest if you do it 3 position, especially from the FT crowd. It could take off massively as currently theres nothing filling the gap with regards to Air Rifle 10mt and 50 mt Rimfire 3 position.
    Would be nice to have something like 3 position for air rifle too. :)

10. Tone

Tone Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    I second that, could probably get another 5no. Non forum users to join in aswell.

11. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Rainy day

If you get the numbers you need to make it viable , then I'm in.
    Simon

12. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Ok Guys I think there is interest out there.

I will set up everything over the next few days ready for the new year.

Please note this is for fun and self regulated like golf - I am not a qualified marker etc so wont be marking plus I want to be able to visit clubs and not get lynched etc!but will sanity check things are being submitted right. Post league scores and provide PDF's etc for self printed targets and details of how to get started.

To save the vagaries of post, cost etc will also provide a dedicated email account when set up for on line posted entries - which will be as simple as signed, dated and marked pic of the card with name or SSB tag clearly shown.

All submitted Cards will be saved in dedicated one drive or drop box folder in your name and all entries will need to be in say by 25th of each month to give me time to sift, sort and post monthly results on here.