Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mccrindle_mvac, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Mccrindle_mvac

Mccrindle_mvac New Member

Club:
    Meon valley air gun club
    Hi been shooting for few months and been using my cousins gun can anyone recommend a good first time gun?

2. springer34

springer34 anschutz 9003

which rifle

Hard to say depends what you are shooting hft ft just plinking ? Springer or precharge ? There is alot out there .

3. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    Guns are like personalities some you'll get on with better than others its mostly personal taste best advice is join a club and try everything then get what suites you best. Air arms 400 would be a great start personally maybe only gun you'll ever need.

4. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    PCP = S400
    Spring = HW97k

you will not go wrong with either.

5. JTK

JTK New Member

depends what kind of balance you want.. what rifle have you been shooting? Some balance forward bias and some not. Shooting the one well will not mean that the other will be shot well given your preference. Examples above. A s400 classic is more or less neutral balanced. A carbine slightly more rear. A HW97k is forward balanced. A TX200HC is not. depends what you are comphy with... nd then it depends what scope you slap on there. A FT scope on top will always push the balance more forward than a HFT scope. An old Nikko will have the balance further back than a new nikko due to eye relief. etc etc...

6. Mccrindle_mvac

Club:
    Meon valley air gun club
    Well I'm doing hft and at the moment I'm using a air arms s400 classic witch quite like

7. gavin hopps

gavin hopps GP 2015 C GRADE CHAMP

Club:
    Pontefract
    I first started with a gamo cfx (springer) and realy didnt like. Tryed a daystate huntsman at my gun shop didnt like that ever.
    Then i tryed air arms s410 classic and love it so much i have bought the s400 for hft and ft shooting.
    I couldnt belive how much the right gun helps your shooting. And how much one gun can feel to another.

8. Mccrindle_mvac

Club:
    Meon valley air gun club
    Iv not shoot with a springer but its not something I fancy , so judging on the replays il look for a s400 as cant keep using my cousins lol
    Thanks guys