Anston last HFT of the season.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve Bowers, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    Just like to congratulate the lads at Anston on a very interesting course, some nasty potential doughnut shots set up to catch people out (my first one in two years) a 20mm kill in-between two branches 20mm apart and I believe I wasn't the only one to fall foul of it.
    Thanks to Bob (top shot of 57) and Dave for the company.
    But most of all thanks to Trev for my trophy even though he couldn't manage a smile when he gave it to me (better luck next year Trev) !!!

Steve:D

2. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

Another day....another season

So the end of another days shooting and the end of N.E.F.T.A hunter 2016....

A very well deserved win for Lee Stevens of P.A.R.C (Pontefract) in stand kneel and a magnificent overall victory for Jamie Jackson (Emley) open,,,consistent shooting wins the day :)
    Some club or other took the win, with watsitsname club taking second, so congratulations for Pontefract taking third place! Which took some doing, do you know we managed to go from ONE POINT in it for first, right down to third practically overnight!!! The biggest treat for me personally was Simon Battye (Pontefract) taking a solid second in recoiling..WELL DONE SIMON...and my god did you see him for his photo? A sceptical man may think he'd practised that gurning in front of the mirror this morning!
    I won .22, but it was close, that Tom O'Brien nipping at my heals, with Tom O'Brien in third as well..so I only just won it this year!! ( How long are you lot going to watch me taking all sorts of 'wins' and trophys and such before one of you decides to pick up a .22 and put me in my place? ) :)
    Can anybody tell me, was it the 10th anniversary of 'Hunter this year? Is this a landmark year for NEFTA HFT....it would be nice to see photo's from then to compare to now, and to see how many old hands are still bonefide HFT ers!!! Another great year anyway, thanks to all the clubs and the wood dwellers who make it happen, my favourite N.E.F.T.A HFT shoot this year..I dunno, what do you lot think? :confused: :D

ps I think Dean C may have won a cup for something or other, probably not a first place knowing him......

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  3. bow

bow Glenn Walsh

Cheers to Anston and its wood rats for putting on the shoot today. Well laid out as usual. Easy to be caught out. Bet Coops had something to do with it. Glade I decided to shoot first session. The wind certainly picked up in the second. Would have ruined my pb that I got. Just from walking round on the second session you could hear the harmonious ringing of dink a dink. Oh b*!!#cks.....,. Well done to all the winners. Hard luck Trevor, very close. Bowers got you. Only just though Flower.

4. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    HFT kneeling

How'd you mean (only just ) this is the second time in two years and I try to keep it close to make it interesting for Trev to make him think he has a chance!

Well done to Lee and Jamie well deserved to both.

See you next year Trev !

Steve

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  5. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thanks to Anston for a cracking course today to finish the series............Well done to all the winners including Steve and Tom. :p

But a special well done to Jamie Jackson on his deserved win.:lev

Great series once again that went down to the last shoot with all the top ten shooters in the open class wondering where we were going to finish as it was very close, Jamie had first sewn up early on of course.
    I was pleased in the end to get the 3rd place BEHIND my team mate Chris Cundey (AGAIN):eek:o:eek:o:eek:o, and only 3 point behind him which I think was the same as last year.

I have an idea...............now I think I have a .22 barrel somewhere...:rolleyes:

6. Dan Smith

Dan Smith Active Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Can we have a left handed / bsa / over 14stone / Pisces class next year?

7. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Yep, that was a very good course from Anston and nice to see an Emley 1,2,3 at the top.

8. Martz

Martz Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    I've not shot that many NEFTA Hunter events this year, but yesterday was a great reminder what makes them so much fun.

I had the pleasure of shooting round with someone attending their first competition (And John Harper, a fun round!). It's fantastic to see people starting to trickle in from Doncaster Airgun Range, and give competition shooting a go.

It's easy to forget what it's like to be a newbie, and I think events like the NEFTA Hunter's are about as beginner friendly as you'll get.

Big thanks to Anston for Sunday, and the rest of the NEFTA clubs who hosted a round this year.

Martin.

9. cocksure

Question....

Why do I think this year is the tenth anniversary of N.E.F.T.A. Hunter, have I just made this up in my own head? Do I go and get ' 10 YEARS' engraved on my cup or what?.........:confused:

10. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Tom...on the NEFTA site the scores start from 2009.

11. cocksure

See....

See, thick as s**t me.....made it up in my own head, told ya'. :confused:

(PS, when I said put me in my place.......... :) )

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  12. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Doncaster Airgun Range
    Tom's quite right.

I started it in 2006 and ran it for the first 3 years myself. Doing the badge sales after each session and reading a safety briefing before each session.

The first event was held at Redfearns and Paul Wilson won it with a 54. (It was a tough course!)

I took photo's of every lane in the competition for the first event with the intention of doing it for every event (but it took too long so I didn't bother). I still have the photo's of the entire course on the Anston Website (> Here <)

When it first started the NEFTA Hunter Series had it's own website, and it only had a league table of Gold badge winners scores.

I didn't have the time to put all of that work in after 2008, so I shut the website and created a set of pages on the NEFTA site where the scores could be displayed. That's why the NEFTA site only goes back to 2009.

13. cocksure

Er......

Is that the time? Must dash....bye!