anston hft

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by XTRAILMAN, Sep 8, 2013.

1. XTRAILMAN

XTRAILMAN one life live it

Club:
    Thorn Dell
    a big thanks to all the anston crew for the work put in on the shoot, congrats to all the lads that won silver wear, thanks to andy and micky for the company and banter round the cource, see you all soon, dont forget first round of winter league is at thorn dell 6th oct.

2. sneaky rodent

sneaky rodent top bombing

Club:
    pontifract
    once again anston laid out a great course for us today! big thanks to mick an lenny for the company an the rest of the boys an girls for the great banter see you all at thorne dell in 3 weeks for the start of the winter league bring it on :D:D

3. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Many thanks to the Anston 'Hill billy's':D

Soooooeeeee bubba Cooper.:D

Good course and no shadow of a doubt the first session had it easy. Some really well thought out target positions, coupled with a twitchy wind made for a cracking day. The stronger wind in the second session would have made the longer shots through the trees really tricky.

Well done Team Emley on the hat trick and all 6 shoots taken with the max points.

See you all at the first WL shoot......SFT for me.:D

4. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thanks to the Anston crew for a great day and a congratulations to Chris and all of the other trophy winners.

The NEFTA Hunter really is becoming an institution for all of the shooters that come along and join in every year. It is also great to see a few young shooters and some elderly (like me) mixed in as well, and long may this continue.

Also,I would like to state on record that I am not sore or bitter about losing to Chris by 1.7% by the way(one shot), but can we ban pallet shots !!!:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o
    I have now officially changed my name to "Dean 2nd place Corfield" by deed poll. :eek:

My Mrs asked when I got home, "what did you win then?" I said "the same as last bl@@dy year with one number different, the year!!!":D:D It didn't help that she replied, " well that's pretty good seeing as you don't practice much". :shot::shot::eek::eek:

Seriously it was a privilege to shoot the brilliant courses this year with such a great bunch of friends.

5. GarentJ

GarentJ New Member

Excellent finish for the Nefta hunter, big thanks to Anston crew and thanks to Graham C for the company on the day, it was good to finally shoot with you. Congrats to all the winners:

Chris Cundey (open), amazing shooting 59/60 :eek:, cheers mate for all the support and tips and letting me use your super pistol (that sounds wrong :D
    Trev Ryan (standers & kneelers), top shot! anyone who does standing and kneeling deserves respect :cool:
    David Mortlock (junior 14-16) well done young un ;)
    Thomas Grace (junior 9-13) top lad! Im still waiting for some shooting tips from you :D
    Paul Lawrence (recoiling) I was lucky enough to shoot with you mate and you put my puff gun to shame :p
    Gavin Hopps (.22") Respect for not following the trend of .177, good shooting mate

6. GTC

GTC Member

cheers garent, a pleasure t shoot wi u m8, well done all the winners and to everyone who shot the series, roll on the W/L, recoiling for me this year i rekon or maybe SFT wi springer, c u all at TD, n jus for the emley banjo players, ssooooooooeeeeee!:)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  7. gavin hopps

gavin hopps GP 2015 C GRADE CHAMP

Club:
    Pontefract
    Gavin Hopps (.22") Respect for not following the trend of .177, good shooting mate[/QUOTE]

Sadly im going to follow the trend in the WL. Only used .22 as thats all i had as im from hunting.
    But got my self a .177 now and cant belive how much flater pellet is.
    Cant wait for WL see how i do with it, only thing i wont be using a big mag scope as want see what its like before i buy one.

Was nice to meet paul lawrence and shoot with you. Also thanks for them tips.
    Also want to thank dwaine grace for the reverse kneeler as it realy helped and hit every target when i had to use it.

Anston put out a very good but very hard course as of the long shots. Plus the wind on top didnt help.
    Well done to all the lads that set the course up.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  8. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I prefer Dean 'bridesmaid' corfield:D:D

But honestly mate, up until that pallet at Ponty i thought you'd done it. Obviously i want to win but if it wasn't me i would feel quite happy taking the second place next year to such a good shooter and genuinely nice bloke.

Looking forward to the 2014 scrap.:D

Also nice to see that Thomas Grace beats Calps in the second session as well.;)

9. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    Some say its not possible, but as Dean proved this season...
    Pellet on Pallet is possible :)

10. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Brilliant Brian......brilliant.

Did you enjoy the girly chat in the cabin at the weekend. Have you changed moisturiser yet?:D;):D....and who you going for on the X factor?

11. mr dink

mr dink Member

Club:
    oldham
    Pellet on pallet:D has got to be a game changer for air gun testing ,brilliant Brian.

12. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

for those that don't know the story...

When we shot at ponty we were neck and neck and i dropped 3 shots early on, at that point Dean had it in the bag. He then had a doughnut on a target partially obscured with a pallet for us both to finish on 57.

6 rounds, 180 targets and the open was decided on a single target.

13. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    Yeah, I'm going to start using the same moisturiser as you now :) and I don't know why, but I think there's just not enough Yodelling around these days - I'm voting for the Yodelling guy :D

14. plattitude

plattitude Active Member

Club:
    Anston
    Sadly im going to follow the trend in the WL. Only used .22 as thats all i had as im from hunting.
    But got my self a .177 now and cant belive how much flater pellet is.
    Cant wait for WL see how i do with it, only thing i wont be using a big mag scope as want see what its like before i buy one.

Was nice to meet paul lawrence and shoot with you. Also thanks for them tips.
    Also want to thank dwaine grace for the reverse kneeler as it realy helped and hit every target when i had to use it.

Anston put out a very good but very hard course as of the long shots. Plus the wind on top didnt help.
    Well done to all the lads that set the course up.[/QUOTE]

Only tips, no coaching were harmed in the making of the shoot:cool:

Nice to meet you Gavin, good luck for the winter league.

Paul

15. plattitude

plattitude Active Member

Club:
    Anston

The way your improving, I can't see me doing that again;);)

Paul

16. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

That's why he's keeping the shield for a year Paul.....most improved shooter. I reckon he should top 5 next year.:)

17. GarentJ

GarentJ New Member

The shield is well looked after and getting plenty of polishing at home, not sure if I will be able to bring myself to return it back next year :D

Forget to mention "quick draw Calp's" 1st place in pistols. Well done mate :cool:

18. plattitude

plattitude Active Member

Club:
    Anston

Now just remind me who came 3rd in pistol aswell:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Paul

19. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    That's got to be the quote of the season!:D:D

The best of it is though, that it was my own competition secretary that set the target up!:rolleyes:

20. hotversion

hotversion Member

Re

Yeah fandabydosey day,(al get a gold badge soon damit) tricky corse, lovin the part hidden targets,good company with one ov the grace crew Martin,n pete shearer,sorry that I didn't see peter go *** over tit on the 1st peg knocking his scope out n still putting in a bloody good score,someone said pete was the original fall guy.......no I said that was lee majors :D:D am really funny me like:rolleyes: