Anston gp 27 june

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by SIMONH, Jun 27, 2010.

1. SIMONH

SIMONH Giddy Kid

Top placings below, full results will be on Bfta shortly:-

AA

1st Tim Goodall 45
    2nd Mark A Fisher 45
    3rd Robert O'Neill 45

A

1st James Griffiths 40
    2nd Robbie Black 40
    3rd Mark Stenton 39

B

1st Mark Brewitt 38
    2nd Jason Harris 37
    3rd Jim Bicknell 37

C

1st Dean Jukes 35
    2nd Peter Jacob 33
    3rd Paul Holland 32

Piston

1st Paul James 41
    2nd Matt Hirst 40
    3rd Karl Clarke 35

SFT

1st Ian Harford 37
    2nd Steve Lanyman 37
    3rd Richard Baker 29

SILHOUETTES

1st Nick Murphy 18
    2nd Andy Calpin 17
    3rd Mark Bassett 17

GOLDEN BUNNY - £50 each

Dave Penman
    Ashley Holloway
    Peter Jacob

Thanks for a great day. Hope you all enjoyed it

Paula

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. Dan

Dan Stealthy Walther Shooter

Club:
    anston
    Anstone today

VERY GOOD COURSE GOOD BUDDYS NEWT BETTER DAN:shot::shot:

3. Flannelmeister

Flannelmeister Member

I appreciate all the hard Work Anston members went to to host the GP. That said, I didn't particularly enjoy myself today.

Ok, so I was shooting like an utter muppet, one of those days when it was like I had never picked up a gun before, but:

There was not a single reducer on the course, all the degree of difficulty was achieved purely by distance.

Through the more open section it seemed like every target, lane after lane, was 50 yards,(give or take a yard or two) and success or failure all came down to the wind - which there was plenty of.

I do enjoy shooting a more varied course.

There were some good lanes - the standers at the far end with the steep downhill shot off the platform stood out and the high shot followed by the target through the narrow V formed by a branching tree trunk for example but overall it seemed to be many lanes where it was 50 to 55 yards (and some where both targets were around maximum).

This is only a personal opinion and as I say I was shooting awfully which naturally has coloured my judgement but overall I have to say a big thanks for the work that went in but the finished article will not be one of my favourite GPs of this year.

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Different regions have different formats that are all within the BFTA rules, in NEFTA we don't tend to use reducers on an FT course.

That's the idea of going to different clubs & regions....you get plenty of variety to test you outside your normal comfort zone.

5. maestro

maestro European Champion 2018

Club:
    East Devon
    You're totally right, I've been shooting at 20-25 different English FT-clubs in the last half a year, from Cornwall to Yorkshire and really enjoyed this variety. Maybe I liked some more and others less, found some of them hard and others less difficoult, but always learned something from each and every one.

6. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    This is the reason I travel thousands of miles each year doing the GP's , To get to shoot the best FT courses in the country, If they were all the same it would get boring,some I do well at other not so and these tend to be the course that we don't see so much of in SWEFTA the long Uphill and steep downhill shots but I have loved shooting every course i have shot and appreciate the hard work that goes into designing a GP course as I am getting GP7 ready for the 25th.......I have been having dreams on target placement it can't be normal.:confused:

Well done Anston great day and just glad we were in the shade.

7. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    EXACTLY!!

As I have have always said there is far more skill in judging the wind for a full size kill at maximum distance than a reducer at 35yrds.

I think for all those lucky/fortunate enough and have the funds to do the GP series they will see huge improvements in their shooting. Both in experience, skill and the different variety of targets, courses, conditions and terrain.

Knowing Andy, he would have had a few tricks up his sleeve!;)

Conor

8. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Gp5

Great course at Anston Mr Calpin had been doing his monkey act up the trees, didn't bother me one bit that there were no reducers, as there were lots of testing long and high distance shots that more than made up for that.
    Once again great work all the folks at Anston.

9. SIMONH

SIMONH Giddy Kid

Comments are appreciated and noted but as a matter of interest, Calp has worked out the average of the course and it was 44 yards

It is through discussion that things can be learnt and adjustments made and even he agrees it was a difficult course!

Thanks to everyone who helped from the club and to everyone who attended

10. LittleJack

LittleJack Active Member

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Anston

Got to be the most challenging shoot i'v done all year. physically and mentally challenging, every shot gave you a headache. well done calps and the rest of the anston team.

11. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Challenge

Well it has to be said, I have to agree with Little jack on that. Im shocked I can say that haahaa.

It was a cracking course but turned into a long day sadly, was a hard drive home, but worth it...........

Berty