Anshutz 2002 any good

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Thumbhole, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Thumbhole

Thumbhole Banned

Are the above any good what to look out for guide to second hand prices without scope etc thanks. :cool:

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    about 750 all varies on condition i no of a mint that might be up serviced by dave wellum in the lamiate stock

3. mjoh

mjoh Member

Club:
    Broadlands A.R.C.
    I have one in the laminate stock - very accurate but heavy with scope on top. I love it!
    Have heard the slide lever pins can wear or lose the C clips holding said pin but I believe easily replaced so I must get spares!

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Shoot ?

I shoot a 2002 . now upgraded to 2020 by dave welham . they are a very reliable rifle . very accurate and easy to work on . if you get one that has had all dave's mods on it . then you need never have to go to anybody else for work done on it . all you will need is a good scope . good practice and you will have an equal chance on the GP circuit with anybody else , talent permitting . prices are what people will pay . but an average is from £ 650 to £ 800 depending on the gun . they have one of the best barrels and triggers you will find . mods you must have done are .top rail to hold the two pieces of the receiver together so the scope is mounted solidly . or the forward scope mount that some use so the scope is mounted on the front part . ( rare ) and the cocking lever mod . ( they can shear pins in the lever ) never had it on mine . but had it done anyway . after that you can have what you like and afford . IE the transfer port mod and the barrel shroud , plus accuriser . gary cane stocks are very sort after and so on . the only down side is no one will believe your stories of dodgy rifle is the reason i missed ??? HOLY

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Hmm, i'd speak to a few owners of them... some seem sorted, and some have scores that yo-yo along with their point of impact that day... that's not to say that there is a rifle out there that hasn't had a degree of fiddling knowledge developed to get the best out of it, but i think you need to be quite an objective shooter to get the best out of them.

James Woodhead won the worlds with one, albeit blowing 3 breech seals on the last day in the heat... Tim Goodall has won everything in the CSFTA region with one, but works hard with it when it's not coming along for the ride.

Shearing cocking pins are a common complaint, some are set so they blow open rather than place the pins under stress... it's probably the case that if you get a sorted one, it will be as good as anything, but it wouldn't be top of my list for a new/medium shooter to grab hold of as i'm not sure that if they weren't behaving it would be easy for such a shooter to tell...

6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Oh yeah

Sounds like a walther owner to me speaking and therefore to be ignored ?:D james woodhead works on his own rifle and i would not let him set up my train set . the cocking pins are an old one . bad batch . i have NEVER had a broken one .accuracy is for the indivdual . no rifle will make a poor shot into a better one . BUT a 2002 will make a moderate shot into a good one . we have a gent who will set em up no problen in SEFTA for little money . have a look at the scores of a young fella called rob walker since he started shooting one . weep you walther shooters and REPENT ??? HOLLY:):D

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    The Way ?

By the way barry ( kilty ) at the club today bought one coming down the field to the club . now i don't think that should be allowed myself ??? HOLLY:):D

8. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

I owned 2 of them way back, have since owned 2 EV2's, 2 Walther doms a couple of Daystate's including a platinum, a steyr and a pro target. The pro target and the platinum are the only rifles that came close to matching the accuracy of the 2 anschutz 2002's I regrettably sold...