Anschutz Concept 1 Shooting Glove Review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Darron, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Ive been using Anschutz’s Concept 1 shooting glove for FT and thought I would share my thoughts for anybody that might be in the market for a new glove.

Firstly I’ve always used Anschutz gloves including a glove for my trigger hand, I just like shooting in gloves as I find I get a good contact with my rifle. Both of my gloves are fingerless so the warmth they provide is probably minimal and not my reason for use.

Anyway back to the Concept 1, straight out of the packet you can feel and see that it is very well made and though out. The glove like most is clearly made for the 10m market but really does adapt itself well for FT.

Whilst the glove looks a little futuristic and possibly tactical , the padding it affords is all in the right place and offers the ideal amount of support. The glove is what I would describe as firm to stiff and I find this to be a real help with the positionals both kneeler sand standers.

I go for a large in size and find it quite snug but very comfortable fitting, whilst the glove is still new some may consider it a little tricky to get on and especially off, to assist with removal Anschutz have provided two loops at the end of two fingers for you to pull on and help removal. I have to say I detest the loops for FT use as I keep catching them on my kit especially on my Rowan hamster adjuster knob, I’m seriously considering cutting the loops off and I question how long they will last before they break anyway.

In summary I’m really pleased with the Concept 1 and would highly recommend it to any FT shooter considering a new glove for the new year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Are you familiar with the ones with the white stuff plastic on the back? I’m wondering how it compares as I’d like something in between that (which locks my hand on standers when it’s underneath) and the top grip backed ones which aren’t as stiff as I’d like.

3. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    Hi Rob yes I'm familiar and I think you would fine the concept ideal

RobF likes this.
  4. Chris G

Chris G Member

nice to see Gloves getting a review, :)

Darron likes this.
  5. Simonix

Simonix Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT
    I like the look of these gloves.

unfortunately they don’t make them for the right hand (left handed shooter).

garym and Darron like this.
  6. jamdon

jamdon New Member

I’m in the market for a new glove. I guess I’ll have a go at this one. My big problem is the excessive sweating from the heat in South Florida makes quite a stink in both my jacket and glove.

7. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    I think Anschutz have put a lot of thought into this glove and I'm sure they will have considered breathability etc.

8. jamdon

jamdon New Member

Yep, seems they did. I just read this in their description:

“The AHG-Anschutz glove CONCEPT stands out due to the following characteristics:
    - breathable air mesh material provides better air circulation within the glove
    and optimizes climate management inside the glove”

Darron likes this.
  9. perlin

perlin New Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell , Darlinton R.A, Pontefract
    Read somewhere recently that these gloves are a "snug" fit and recommended buying a size up .
    John

Darron likes this.
  10. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    I would agree John

11. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I like a tight fit. I'll go and get mine out in the shed and see what size it is and have a look online.

12. Darron

Darron Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Blackbrook FTC
    You wont be disappointed I find mine a real asset on the discipline shots

13. jamdon

jamdon New Member

Okay... I took the plunge and bought it....took a bit of time deciding if I should spend $80 inc. shipping on a glove. Got it today and I’m quite pleased. It’s a lot more flexible than it appears in the pics and definitely runs small. I wear a size L and I bought the XL and it’s a snug fit but feels great. I took a few off hand shots on my indoor 10yd range and I love the way it feels. Supportive in all the right places and very grippy with a tactile feel.

Summer will tell as far as the way it breaths. At this price, no matter the stench, I’ve got to make it work. Darron, thanks for posting your review on this glove. Cheers

Darron likes this.
  14. Andy P

Andy P Gently does it......

Club:
    Hereward FT & ARC
    They do here Simon, not used them just did a Google search... Left and Right

Simonix likes this.
  15. Simonix

Simonix Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT
    good find!