anschutz 9015

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by blacklab, Oct 8, 2017.

1. blacklab

blacklab Member

Club:
    nelson
    ok guys lets have the good the bad and the ugly, how is everbody getting on with the 9015

2. Darron

Darron Reformed Bandit

Club:
    Millride FTC
    If we re talking just about the action I would say it s leagues ahead of anything I have used before. The shot cycle seems to be mega quick and the gun is dead to shoot. From what I have found and heard from others the barrels are not pellet fussy and don t need a lot of cleaning. I use JSB 8.4 in mine and they group very well and react to the wind as you would expect. Probably the best thing about the gun is the 4K trigger there is definitely nothing on the market like it.
    The big question is what stock do you intend to use, I found the black soft touch stock way to small and absolutely useless in the pistol grip department. I m not sure if the club stock is that much better. I went for a full blown hand made mech stock and I love it, others have put there s in a custom made traditional stock and seem to be doing well.

3. tillygti6

tillygti6 Tilly's gun stocks

as above really, incredibly well built. trigger is awesome.
    barrels are great.

the factory stocks are terrible though. and Incredibly fragile.

so far I've put mine through some fairly harsh testing , regards poi shift and the 2 piece action design.
    so far I've had it go through a 22 °c temperature increase. within a single hour with no measurable shifting of action/cylinder etc. the scope will have moved more.

I have made some extra metal work to allow the cylinder to fully float,and increase the footprint substantially of the action.

the factory junior stock, actually isn't well thought out either. the barrel band on my one was cut too low. the silly washer it sat on ,under the actions too thick.pulled the barrel and cylinder down....

[​IMG]

4. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Mega

I bought the alutec and added my Steyr woodwork , the original is a bit pathetic for FT.
    You have to either have a tall cheek piece or Ajp does a nice set of risers to allow a high scope setup. For Hft the woodwork would probably be just about right with flat cheek piece and small pistol grip .
    Simon “Tench†converted mine and it shoots Mega , twin cone and shroud added by myself to finish it off. Not put a pellet through the standard barrel , Simon fitted an old batch BSA barrel for me . Running at 760fps and shooting deader than a chainsawed Zomby.

5. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    I have a Club, converted by Jon Harris complete with scope riser. I am very happy with every aspect of the rifle and recently used it at the World FT Championships.

Mine is still in the standard Club stock although I have added a Brian Samson butt pad, fixed height Rowan hamster, a Tec-Hro Puck and also made some much longer pillars for the cheek piece. After the Worlds I stripped the lacquer off the stock and have just oiled it, this should be a lot more water resistant than the lacquer.

Mine runs Air Arms or JSB's at 785 fps and it extremely predictable in the wind.. if only I had the skill to match the rifle, I might have done a little better in Wales. :D

[​IMG]

Waldo likes this.
  6. Southpaw

Southpaw Member

Club:
    Kingsley hft
    Tench converted action in a left ****** Tilly's stock,love it not pellet fussy and the best trigger I've ever tried by a country mile only problem is there's no excuses for poor scores:confused:

7. shaun elliott

shaun elliott Active Member

Club:
    pontefract arc
    Absolutely love mine in an alutec stock converted by Nick Murphy 3fps spread it's pushed my domi off top spot for shooting comps with. just see what the winter brings and how it fairs in bad weather

8. Adaml

Adaml New Member

Club:
    Buxted
    Tench converted 9015 club
    Absolute dream of a gun, amazing trigger and not pellet fussy
    Only downside for me is the club stock being to short.
    Amazing action it s just me that lets it down

9. Steve

Steve Member

Great gun really well engineered ,loving mine.Mines a club laminate stock length not an issue as I have a gemini on so thats sorted ,I modded the stock for my thumb as the ambi stock was a little uncomfortable if you shoot thumb up and I made a carbon fibre offset for the gemini.

10. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I can only agree with Steve's findings. An excellent gun with an unbelievable trigger. Mine was converted by Simon and has digested a couple of sleeves since May with no mishaps whatsoever.
    I have retained the standard barrel (housed within carbon shroud)and use AA Fields. Barrel also likes Mosquito's but wind doesn't.
    Action now lives in a Warren Edwards walnut handle and the gun is a genuine delight to shoot.
    Anybody considering the purchase of the gun would do well to consider how much even a fully converted action will cost in comparison to its competitors.
    There are of course shooters out there who have converted previous models within the Anschutz range. These work just as well apparently. I honestly have not come across anybody with a converted 9015 who isn't delighted with their gun. Speaking to people who understand a lot more about the internal workings of a PCP than I do, they tend to comment that the quality of materials used and overall build quality really is exemplary.
    If I manage to improve my shooting to anything approaching 50% of what the 9015 can do I will be a happy man!
    Andy

11. Evo

Evo Bob Evans,, always getting banned from sales

Club:
    ByleyFTC
    can i ask a question,,,,,, i was interested in purchasing a 9015 BUT after shooting i think it was the Euros i,ve never seen so many people all having problems with their 9015,s , must just be me but its either that or none of them are members of this forum ????,, where are the honest opinions from those guys

seen and used a simon howarth 9015 and i must say i was impressed,, so come on lads, those of you that had problems with them at the Euro,s lets spill the beanz hey

just a thought mind but no-one has come forward with any probs yet ?????? STRANGE ????

12. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor

Had mine for over a year now...and at first it was shooting well. Then I had some problems with consistency,persevered with it until it went back with what seemed a major problem (return valve spring knackered)...it seems ok now that Jon has put a different spring in. I will use it in comp' again at a later date....for now I trust my 8002 more.
    .kicks Furness'S arse every time :)

13. shaun elliott

shaun elliott Active Member

Club:
    pontefract arc
    I did ok with mine bob if I member rightly lol I had problem on 2nd day but I think it was the conditions when I first bought it I noticed impact shift but sorted that with a new rail . I will admit still not 10p% with it but it's new and the more I shoot it the better it gets. Did have a problem with the stabilizer but Nick showed me how to sort it and it couldn't be more simple to do . Power adjuster a bit slack but sorted it with a dab of clear nail varnish easy fix it's running very consistent 3fps over 80 shots hope this helps bob.

14. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    I have a Tench converted club with a shrouded barrel, using the standard barrel (which is extremely good).

It's accurate, but probably no more accurate than anything else that's been sorted and set up ( FTP, Steyr etc ).

Having said that, I did manage to put in some very impressive scores with it in the Midland BR league over the summer. several 201+ scores in the league. So far I've only shot two 25 shot Worlds BR cards with it, but I scored a 249.11 and a 250.6.

The trigger is just awesome!

The reg seems to work and is very consistent, it's very lightweight (mine is too light) - I'm going to add a bit of weight to it on the front. It's much easier to add weight to a rifle than it is to take it away.

We have 4 or 5 of them in regular use at my indoor range - and they're all excellent. 4 of them are Tench conversions and 1 is a Nick Murthy conversion. I'm not sure what people mean by pellet fussy... but all of the 9015's I've seen, will perform much better with one batch of pellets than with another (same as every air rifle).

Mine doesn't like to have it's barrel cleaned too often, and when I do clean the barrel it takes about 50-60 shots before it's like a laser again.

They're not totally dead to shoot, there is still some movement, but significantly less than say an FTP or Daystate. The stabilizer is a doddle to set up, and the gun overall is very very easy to work on.

I love mine, best rifle I've ever owned.

15. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Blame the tools

seen and used a simon howarth 9015 and i must say i was impressed,, so come on lads, those of you that had problems with them at the Euro,s lets spill the beanz hey

Bob are you sure it was the rifles at fault or were people just making excuses :shot:
    I have had my Simon Howarth converted 9015 for about 8 months and I'm well impressed with it.
    It is running at about 760fps with JSB 8.4 pellets at the moment ,a little low some people may think ,but I'm reluctant to turn it up because it shoots brilliant. It hits level on my 30 yd Zero and a dialled 55yd target every time,so i'm leaving it alone until that changes.

Spec conversion Simon "Tench" Howarth
    Anthrasite Alutec stock
    Home made 25mm carbon fibre shroud ,housing a Steyr twin cone and a silencer thingy to cap it off.
    Home made wood work that is awaiting hydro treatment.

16. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    The one reoccurring issue which comes up is the stabiliser adjustment. One minute the rifle is working perfectly, the next it will not cock; the lever comes back in the usual way, but it will not fire. This requires a very quick and simple adjustment to the stabiliser mech and there is an instruction sheet on the Anschutz web site that shows How To.

This does not happen to every rifle, and it is more of a bedding in issue than a fault, it happened to mine after a thousand plus shots and since I adjusted it all has been well.

17. Ratinator

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Tench mod

Not had any issues with my stabalizer , but Simon does a little work in that department as part of his conversion to full power .

18. SteveC200

SteveC200 Active Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
    Icenis only 9015 has had that problem. A minor tweak to the adjustment has improved but not yet 100% solved the issue. A large adjustment (1/2 turn) to the stabiliser resulted in a 50fps velocity drop which is baffling as the stabiliser shouldnt have anything to do with velocity.

The other issue it had last winter was a pretty big fps drop when its cold. It has been sorted apparently but hasnt been yet tested in real world cold temperatures.

19. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    If the stabilizer issue is that sometimes the rifle feels like it's cocked but nothing happens when you pull the trigger..

So far, mine's never done it and neither have any of the other Tench conversions being used at my range.

I have seen it on two other 9015's though - neither of those were Tench conversions.

20. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed The Lancashire Hotpot

Club:
    M.A.D
    The only problem with mine is the stock.

I changed the barrel to a BSA Barrel and this has sorted many problems out, but it is one of the last 8002 s2 models, and the barrel just didn't work at 12ftlb for me.
    The trigger is awesome and the accuracy is pellet on pellet at 40 yards.
    The stock, however, is just not up to it for HFT (the black air stock).
    Tilly makes a superb tailor made stock that is really a must.
    I would suggest that anyone really interested in a rifle just for them should look no further than either a Tench/Ratworks action only and get a Tilly stock made for them.

Until i can afford a new stock, i'm going to use my Steyr over winter, but boy am i going to miss my Annie.