Anschutz 8002

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Steve

Steve Member

Managed to get hold of one of these eventually;)but came as a left hand drive:rolleyes:after putting wanted adds for some right hand wood for it came to no avail I decided to have a go myself with some offcuts I had in the garage:)The results-(hopefully)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The cylinders red by the way;)

2. Jon

Jon Member

Not bad at all Steve.
    Did think of doing that way on mine but limited to the aluminium stock layout which gets in the way.
    Also limited on the lack of bedding in and aluminium movement but far from the worst of these types of guns.

Think i know where you got that decent ply from, its the proper waterproof stuff from US.
    Nice far better than the horrible plastic but do have a good feel though, must be deformed to use the Anchutz plastic grips.

3. Steve

Steve Member

Yes it is limited space wise but the pistol grip is more Steyr size so that helps and the laminate was states sourced it was just the offcuts from a stock I'm making for my TX 200 SR.:)Must admit the 8002 feels nicer to shoot than my other guns.

4. steveRS

steveRS New Member

Nice m8

I shoot one of these, if you want to re home the left handed stuff ( yes im a lefty) give us a pm

I have mine in a ambi club stock which is a nice bit of wood :)

Steve

5. Jon

Jon Member

I had a right moan at Anchutz when i first got mine, that pistol grip, shocking:eek:
    Ok for standing but kneeling and sitting thumbs too low for a natural hold, alums in the way on all 10M guns.

Have worked with that colour, how about the pschycadelic otherwise known as Circus.

6. Steve

Steve Member

Hi Steve I'll send you a picture of it tomorrow,if its something you fancy pm me your address and I'll send it to you,you can see if it suits then.

7. Steve

Steve Member

Hi Jon,the plastic I got with the gun is leftie aswell but must admit it is the most shocking effort I've ever seen,I'm actually going to get some red and black laminate and remake them.

8. rickysdaystate

rickysdaystate Make Every Shot Count

Club:
    Greyhound
    very nice mate, just curious, how much did you pay for the 8002?

9. Steve

Steve Member

Just a quick update on the 8002,it now has a full ali.shroud with 41/2 long silencer built in and back vented down the shroud.The result is very pleasing,the gun is very quite and still very dead.:D
    Steve if you read this pm me your mobile No.and I will send you pics of the left hand wood work;)[​IMG]