Another Scope Question - Focus/Parralax

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by pwiles1968, Feb 29, 2012.

1. pwiles1968

pwiles1968 New Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    I think I have set my scope Focus correctly, Looking at sky with Parallax set to infinity and focus.

I seem to have an issue and it is the same with 2 scopes If I set the parallax to around 27 yards the 27 yard target is not in sharp focus I have to set it closer to 33 Yards on the scope? I do not wear glasses and I have pretty good vision, is this a common issue just something I try to get past my OCD :D or is there something I can do to correct it, i.e. alter the focus while at 27 yards?

2. merlot

merlot Member

Parralax on the wheel or objective lens mean nothing best to do your own yardage mate measured distance;)

3. merlot

merlot Member

set the focus at a plain neutral colour so you can see mill dots very clearly

4. pwiles1968

pwiles1968 New Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Tried that with the sky with parralax set to infinity, mildots they seem to be in crisp focus over quite a large focus range.

I thought this might be the case, but I have 2 scopes now, admittedly not expensive ones are both around 5 yards out, was not sure if I was doing something wrong.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. merlot

merlot Member

even top scopes will not be right to your eyes mate need to set up your self;)

6. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    I px at 25yds with an Eb Sniper, it points to about 18yds on the wheel, don't worry about it.

7. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    All scopes are different, Just go with it.

8. pwiles1968

pwiles1968 New Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    That is what I was thinking mate, the OCD engineer in me has to ask the question though, I guess should just look at my Zerod distance adjust the parallax wheel until target and mildots match up at that distance, then ignore the distance on the wheel?

Are you at Kibby Saturday, would not mind spending some time practising (Prone and Kneeling) and get JP having a go at the HFT style shooting on the bottom range do you know if it will be open?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  9. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Yep it should be open,