Another great worlds

Discussion in 'WHFTA Official forum' started by handbylt, Apr 6, 2015.

1. handbylt

handbylt New Member

Club:
    TCom.hft+Kingsley HFT
    Thanks to all who put on another superb WHFT championship shoot...don't know what we'd do without ya...had another really good weekend and looking forward to the nationals....thanks Rick(jammy bugger HFT 500) and Ryan..good laugh....:)

2. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Second that - me and my boy had a great weekend - cant wait till next year. Thanks to all that laid it on and all that welcomed us to our first shoot! 1 year left to plan how I can beat my boy now!
    Kr to all

John and Will

3. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Thanks all

Just a quick "thank you" to all those involved in making this year's WHFTA a fantastic couple of days. Some great memories made.

Enjoyed marshalling too - good to see different techniques. I might learn something one day.

Please can I come and play next year too?!

Thanks too to Nick, my shooting partner.

4. cliveo

cliveo Member

Club:
    misfits
    another great worlds, with superb weather to finish with. congrats to everyone involved in organising an event that ran so smoothly. met some fantastic people again this year and was a pleasure to shoot with them.
    also broke my marshalling cherry big time thanks to THAT tree:D

5. milek

milek Active Member

Club:
    Nomads
    I'm so drained I can hardly think. I can't thank the organisers enough for what this weekend meant to me and all the boys at FM. What a fantastic couple of days. A massive thank you to Libor of Czechoslovakia; it was a pleasure and an honour to shoot with you over the two days. Well done everyone.

6. mikmon

mikmon Member

As everyone has said thanks to all involved in putting on this great weekend 1st time for me and il be there next year had a great weekend met some more great people and caught up with a few iv met before thank you all !

7. jedclampit

jedclampit Dazed Member

Club:
    Nomads HFT
    Yep. A big thankyou to the organisers a superb weekends shooting.

Dave, Mark - it was a blast, thanks!

8. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

Great weekend with great company on and off the course. The courses this year where in my opinion the best worlds courses to date, well done to all involved in organising and course building, plus the sponsors all made for a cracking competition.

9. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Great time at the world's this weekend! MASSIVE thanks to Pete, Pete & all the other organisers + course setters. Big thanks to Czech boinger shooter Josef & Liz for the company over two days (+well done Liz on your 3rd place!):D

10. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

the Worlds

great weekend ,all the best to Vinny on a great win and the course setters what a great job you all did .
    cheers Ian

11. GTC

GTC Member

two mega courses, defo the best to date, excellent company on and off the course, watching mick fearn demolish that challenge burger in pub sunday night was awsome! did you pay for it monday with your score though mick? thanks to all involved excellent week end:D

12. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    Well done and thanks to the WHFTA for a great weekend. The courses were quite humbling and shows how far the sport has come that with all the fancy kit its still impossible to get a clear even when as on the first day there was little wind.

Well done to all the course setters and to the new champion and class winners.

Your not wrong Clive, you did a stirling job up that tree with a large sledge and 10mm bolts, which prevented the target being pulled so credit to yourself,the organisors and marshals there.

Tony

13. realtree al

realtree al Member

Club:
    Bedlay airgun club
    Great weekend and fantastic shooting a big thankz to the organisers of the event done a great job and thanks to miryam an john for being great shooting pards last of all thanks to nigel for the catering an army marches on its stomach an nigel fed us well thanks again ladies an gents great shooting and meeting many new friends :D

14. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Think I did Graham! That & fiddling with my gun? :rolleyes:

15. Rudy

Rudy WHFTA 2014 World Champion

Club:
    Mile oak
    great weekend !

Thanks to all the organisers , very well set courses that really made you think . thanks to Simon and Charles for the good company over the weekend . congratulations to all the winners ; especially Vince ! really happy for you , very very good shooting .
    see you all Next year

16. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Fantastic weekend, thanks to the organisers, course setters, sponsors etc.
    Two excellent courses, plenty of time and thought went into those, guys.
    Massive well done to Vince Holland and all the other silverware winners :)
    Great couple of evenings with Alex, Gary, Jean and Smokey.
    Had a cracking couple of days with Pete D and Lanky Mark :D
    Roll on the Nationals!

17. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    what a weekend .. had a great time and a lot of laughs ,2 very good courses and the weather held out too.Thanks to Tony and Dusan for the company over the 2 days.
    I'm really happy for Vinny Holland ,must be on cloud nine at the moment and may take some time to come down.

18. Will south

Will south Member

Club:
    MAD
    Great weekend had by all well done to all the winners and a special well done to Vince! great shooting mate.

Thanks to Clive and leon for there company :)

19. Charles44

Charles44 Member

Fabulous weekend, congrats to Vinny - a deserved result!
    Thanks to Rudy and Simon for great company and showing me the way it should be done.
    Any thoughts on a trophy for mat carrying and placement? I think I would be in with a shout!
    Looking forward to UKAHFT!

20. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Big thanks...

Just a big, big thanks to all those that helped set Bravo, not sure I should name them after looking at some of the scores :D (including my own) but we were all stitched up by Sparky for a photo so here we go..

Andy Simpson, Gary Morrison, Nigel Buchan & Justin Rayner, without these people the two full days of graft would have been impossible ! We had people falling in ditches (ahem, Gary :D), stinging nettles, briars, hawthorn & some other god awful stuff I'm still pulling out of my hands now to contend with, but it was all worth it with the feedback we received after :)

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback on the course, I think we managed to set a fair course with just enough to catch a few out, the wind played a big part on day 2 but we set out in the hope it picked up :eek:
    I paid the price for my comment on the 'spider web target' thread since I picked up a 0 on it :D:eek:o must keep my mouth shut in future :rolleyes: & whoever says course setters have an advantage look at my scores, 57 on ALPHA, 48 on BRAVO, haha..

Also, thanks to all that set Alpha, you had a harder line to set out I think so well done.

All in all, I had a great 4 days though with great company, two great courses with only one 'real' problems on each when screws sheared on brackets, I think most were strings or splitters.

Mr & Mrs Sparky, thanks for a good craic all weekend in the Elms :D Good to see the Meon lads as well.

A massive thanks to all the behind the scenes people that help with setting the event up from start to finish.

Last but not least, thanks to all the competitors that shot over the weekend, see some of you on the UKAHFT circuit.

Sorry for rambling on, tired & still on a bit of a buzz from the weekend :D

& well done Vince Holland on becoming WORLD CHAMPION !!"!
    Steve