Annoyed ! Disabled shooters cannot attend RSN Shot

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by heidi, Aug 7, 2014.

1. heidi

heidi AA MPR, BSA ULTRA

Club:
    Shootability Norfolk
    Disabled shooters are not permitted to attend the RSN Shoot :( according to the owners of the land which is annoying!!! I really wanted to take part mainly to see the new FTP Rifle

Heidi:mad:

2. Gary Martin

Gary Martin sultans of spring

Club:
    harriers field target
    what reason?

Heidi, what reason have they given? are there any laws they are breaking? sounds not too good. sure the bad press they will get out of this if it happens will go a long way.

3. heidi

heidi AA MPR, BSA ULTRA

Club:
    Shootability Norfolk
    Unhappy

It's the owners who are stating that as the competition is on multi terrain it will not be safe

I have pointed out that the reply from Air Arms may not be strictly legal and may be in breach of the Disability Discrimination act. I do appreciate that the shoot is on private land and as the owners have the final say on who they permit access to

I'm annoyed but not really going to throw my toys out of the box just over one competition.

The reply did explain that if we can get enough Wheelchair/Disabled shooters then Air Arms will look at possibly adding a course for future events.

Heidi

Before anyone starts whinning I AM NOT slamming anyone just stating a fact