Anglo American format...

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Numb Nut, May 26, 2009.

1. Numb Nut

Numb Nut New Member

I should be along to the anglo american this year for the HFT comp and looking forward to it. :)

Not attended one of these before so was just wondering - what is the course format for the HFT event? Is it standard UKAHFT format or is the same course as for the FT shooters (i.e. 55 yard targets).

... and are there really kill zones down to 8mm!? If so, what are the min & max ranges for these? :eek:

2. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

3. Numb Nut

Numb Nut New Member

4. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Yep thats how I understand it, all targets will be a git have fun:D:D Might be there but I've got to get SWMBO to agree yet:(:(:D

5. Numb Nut

Numb Nut New Member

Ah ok, sounds like the HFT will be being shot on an FT course, so I can expect long targets out to 55 yards. :)

6. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Yep, both courses are out to 55 yds. The HFT course has quite a few reducer thrown in and the FT course will normally have full size kills but have more targets at longer ranges. you shoot one course on the first day and then swap with the FT lads on the second.

It's one of my favourite shoots of the year and well worth the trip.

7. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Bring her along mate, there's a few of us in Midgeley Lodge so far - It's got a great looking beer garden and I don't think there's any weddings on!:D:p

Khalid it s well worth the trip down, we had such a good time last year, I'm really excited about this time.:)

Ryan

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  8. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Copied from Scooby's post

Pete

The Anglo American is a two day event that consists of two courses, there are no session, all shooters will be shooting at the same time.

Courses

1) A 50 shot (25 lane) BFTA spec course, each target being shot once.

2) A 25 shot (25 Lane) American Course, each target being shot twice, the American course consists of targets with Kill Zones from 8mm to 45mm depending upon the range.

Styles

You can either shoot the whole event FT or HFT style.

If you shoot it FT style you shoot the BFTA course on Day 1 & then the AMerican course on day 2, all shooting is done strictly to the BFTA rules.

If you shoot HFT style then you shoot the American course of Day 1 & then the BFTA course on day 2.

HFT Rules

The HFT side of the event is run to UKAHFT rules with a couple of exceptions

1) Targets are out to 55y, with Standers & kneelers to 45y
    2) There is no course requirement for mandatory supporter positionals.
    3) A maximum of 12x scope magnification is allowed.
    4) You are allowed to adjust the parallax of your scope before putting your eye to the scope to look at each target. If you forget to adjust your parallax before looking down the scope you may bring the scope away from your eye once to adjust it but you are not allowed to try & use the scope for parallax rangefinding.

9. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Cheers Pete :D

10. Numb Nut

Numb Nut New Member

Thanks for the info chaps! Sounds interesting - small killzones, long targets - a really low score is looking liikely! :D

11. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters

The rest of us common people will be in the pub near the travel lodge:cool:

Pete

12. JAGXKRS

Are you stark raving mad mate, she might find out how much these guns actually cost :eek::eek::eek: and just checked Tankersley Manor are doing a good deal :eek::eek::eek:D:D:D:

13. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

You're a glutten for punishment you!:p:D;) Think you'll get any shooting done this year?:p

Ryan

14. Tyke

Tyke Member

4) You are allowed to adjust the parallax of your scope before putting your eye to the scope to look at each target. If you forget to adjust your parallax before looking down the scope you may bring the scope away from your eye once to adjust it but you are not allowed to try & use the scope for parallax rangefinding.

15. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

No Steve you can't alter it once the first target has been sighted, the max mag allowed is also 12X

16. Tyke

Tyke Member

Cheers Pete

It caused a little confusion at the club today.

17. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

What time does it all start on Saturday as I can't see any times anywhere?
    Are the 8mm's out to a set distance?

18. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

One more thing, Am I right in saying you can use trees etc to rest on as long as your touching the peg?

19. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

It's the same positional rules as UKAHFT, as long as some part of you body or rifle is touching the peg & your trigger is behind the peg/firing line you can use anything natural for support. This doesn't mean you can drag a big log around with you though:D

The shoot will start at approx 10am on Saturday, there will be a safety briefing about 09:45am

I doubt there will be many 8mm kills, they are usually 12-17 yards but it really depends how evil the course setters are feeling.:eek::D

20. JAGXKRS

Change of plans now in the Northbound Travel lodge, don't do camping if theres a chance of getting wet:D:D:D:D