Altaros Regulator

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by Ronin, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Morning chaps, bit of a technical question.

What are the benefits (if any) of fitting an aftermarket regulator - such as those from Altaros to an LG110?

Would the unit perform better than the Steyr item?

Would the Steyr internals require removal?

Anyone done this or considered it?

Thoughts please.

2. NWheal

NWheal New Member

I believe the Altaros fits in the air cylinder so you would be dealing with reduced volume ...... The steyr reg is very good and I do not see the benefits of adding an additional one....

If your steyr reg is not perform at the moment the best bet would be ot either purchase a new on for the cost of 89 Euros or have your reg serviced.

By adding this aftermaket part to the air cylinder you will be reducing the capacity and also adding another point of failure.

Those are just my views.....

With my serviced reg I am at this time getting FPS spread with un sorted pellets of 8fps over 20 shots.

With sorted pellets I would expect that to drop to under 5 or 4fps.

Nigel

3. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Thanks for your reply Nigel

I understand that capacity would be reduced.

I wondered if there was any benefit in having a regulator fitted from a custom maker such as Altaros, orthose from Robert Lane?

I have read reports on other forums of such (custom) regulators producing lower ES than standard (factory - not necessarily Steyr) hence the reason for my post.

The rifle is brand new and yet to be broken in properly- so as yet, I havent conducted enough range testing to produce any kind of data.

Ill be setting it up to the Magnetospeed pretty soon though.

4. CAC

CAC Member

Nothing wrong with std Steyr reg , best sticking with that !no benefit from after market ones IMO.

did not think the magneto speed chronos worked with air rifles ?

5. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Not sure if the Magneto will work or not given no copper jacket...

However my Oehler 35 will

Wasnt sure if the Steyr regulator was as good as or better than any of the available custom regs hence my question.

In anything I do - especially with load development / shooting , id like to get as close to 0 ES as I can.

Though I realise thats not a realistic ambition, I like trying...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014