Alignment Problem.

Discussion in 'Air Arms' started by Alcanara, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

Harrogate (HG2 7SR) & Murcia, Spain. (30840)
    Hi Folks.... can you help.

I think my barrel is out of line with the scope and the gun for that matter.

If I set the windage turret to spot on at 9mtrs. and assuming no wind, I should expect to get minimal movement at say 25mtrs. but I do.

It gets worse as the distance gets longer. If I remove the air stripper it seems to point to the right relative to the scope.... If I fire w/out the air stripper...it fires at least an inch to the right and the same, higher. I know the stripper affects the flight of the pellet.... but it does seem to me that the barrel points to the right in relation to the gun air tank. It is only minimal, but enough to skew the pellet.

The only way I can bring the flight paths together at the the different distances, is to put a clockwise twist on the stripper clamp (whilst looking down the barrel from the muzzle) whilst tightening up the 2 allen grub screws holding the the stripper clamp to the air tank. this pulls the barrel over a tad to the left from the shooting position.??!!

Does anyone know how i may simply test for barrel alignment?????.

Any advice is welcome

cheers

Stuart

2. eyewitnesss

eyewitnesss Government Spy

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    You should mention which gun you are using?

3. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

Whoops..... EV2 mk4... as per my signature line.

Cheers

Stuart

4. eyewitnesss

eyewitnesss Government Spy

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    With the stripper taken off place the gun on your bag then try using a small spirit level from the cylinder to the barrel move the gun about till level then carefully move the level to the other end of the barrel this should show if it is out of aligment

5. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

Excellent idea.... thank you:)

6. Alcanara

Alcanara Member

I have just done this and it is slightly out..... easily adjusted through the stripper mech. Just goes to show that when some floated their barrel on here their comments were quite mixed... some achieving benefits some none at all..??

Well mine is now in alignment..... just need to wait for a non windy day.... very difficult where I live.

Thanks for your help

Stuart