1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

air bottle and rifle gauge help

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by valboskie, Jul 22, 2014.

1. valboskie

valboskie Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Greenock Scotland
    Hi there.
    The gauge on my dive bottle will not return to zero
    when I disengage it from my rifle it sits at just under 30bar.
    will this be a problem or when I start to fill the gun will it not just find what pressure is in the rifle and start reading correctly from there.

My mpr guage only reads 160 bar when I take it to 180 so I took it to 200 on the bottle but still only 160 on the rifle so I took it to 210 on the bottle and checked it still 160 then dry fired it 15 times to be safe
    and take it under 200 bar

will I need to replace both gauges or is the rifle one just not accurate.
    Will the needle on the bottle not returning to zero be a problem.
  2. Conor

Conor Never has been banned from sales Staff Member

May 4, 2009
    Ardboe, Co.Tyrone.
    Nelson & Nomads airgun club
    You've got 2 problems.
    The first is Air Arms quality control which is non existent, so I wouldn't rely on the gauge on the rifle.
    Your second is the dive bottle gauge, get it replaced as soon as possible or at least get it checked at a dive centre.
  3. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Sep 23, 2009
    I believe AA like BSA and many other rifle makers use the 23mm mini high pressure gauges from the mini gauge co, other than rotating the face to zero them there is no other way to adjust them.

http://www.minipressuregauge.co.uk/ they are a pretty standard item with an 1/8bsp thread so not too difficult to find a replacement.

The one on your dive bottle can be adjusted, there are several links in the back of the gauge so the zero position of the needle can be set and also the rate of its rise in relation to pressure can be adjusted, unless you have a known accurate gauge to set it against having the ability to be calibrated is not much use. Yours may have taken a knock which has bent one of the links.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014